Six medals for our students at National Skills Competition
The hardware collection grew for SAIT students who attended attending the Skills Canada National Competition in Moncton, NB.
SAIT competitors captured six medals: two gold, one silver and three bronze. This is in addition to honours earned in May when 14 SAIT competitors earned a spot on Team Alberta by winning their classes at the Skills Canada Alberta competition.
"Congratulations to all the competitors and their trainers for their effort and hard work!" says Nino Belvedere, SAIT Apprenticeship/Skills Coordinator.
In the national competition approximately 500 high school and post-secondary competitors from across the country vied for honours in more than 40 skilled-trade and technology categories. The SAIT winners:
- Alexandre Sidorchuk, Aerospace Technology, Gold Medal
- Scott Dombovsky-Oneski, Cabinet Making, Gold Medal
- Victoria Hislop, Culinary Arts, Silver Medal
- Deanna Reynolds, Industrial Mechanic/Millwright, Bronze Medal
- Spencer Pelzer and Ghester Soriano, Mechatronics Team of two, Bronze Medal
Check out our photos of the competition:
For the full Team Alberta results visit Skills Canada National Competition.
Alexandre Sidorchuk and Scott Dombovsky-Oneski will contend for a spot on Team Canada, which will compete in WorldSkills in Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates (UAE), Oct. 14-19, 2017.