Online Learning Resources
Even if your classes are online, the Reg Erhardt Library is here to support you.
You can access library e-books, streaming videos, articles and other e-resources from home or wherever you study.
Use library search or select from our list of e-resources to find online resources for your assignments and projects.*
*You'll need to log in with your library account.
Not finding everything you need online? The Library can mail you many of the books in our collection free of charge, including return shipping.
To receive items from the Library through distance delivery:
- You must be a current student at SAIT taking a class delivered remotely. This includes classes that are normally on-campus but are being delivered online due to COVID restrictions.
- The item(s) you want must be from our circulating book collections (generally, those with a location of "Level-0" or "Fiction Collections").
- Your mailing address must be within Canada.
Note: if you live in or near Calgary, it may be faster to request books for on-campus pickup, than to wait for it in the mail.
How it works
To get books through the distance delivery service, you will:
- Find physical books you'd like to borrow on library search.
- The location must be "Level-0" or "Fiction Collections".
- Make note of the title, author and publication date (see image below).
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and include:
- The title, author and publication date of the book(s) you're requesting.
- Your full name, mailing address and SAIT ID#.
Then, we will:
- Acknowledge your request, usually within two business days.
- Pull the requested items and sign them out to you for four weeks.
- Mail them to you with a return mailing slip.
- We only send mail out on weekdays, via Canada Post.
- We'll email you with a tracking number for your package.
Returns and renewals
When you're done with a book or your due date arrives:
- Repackage the book(s) in the mailing box or envelope in which it arrived.
- Place the pre-paid return slip on the package.
- Make sure the label with your address is covered or clearly crossed out.
- Drop the book(s) off at any Canada Post mailbox or retail outlet.
If you need the book for a bit longer, you can renew it yourself for three weeks. As long as no one else has requested the book, you should be able to renew it a few times before it has to come back to us.
Expect a book to stay on your library account for a week or more (depending on mail service) after you've sent it back to us.
Finally, we're not currently charging late fees for distance delivery books, but if your book is long overdue we may charge you the replacement cost.
Sait.ca Website Feedback
Hello, we'd love to hear your feedback about our website...