How to ace your convocationAll the early morning classes and late-night study sessions have led you to this special moment — the culmination of your academic success. Here’s everything you need to know to make the best of your big day!
How to get here and where to go first
The ceremony is at BMO Centre. Make sure to arrive an hour before the ceremony and go directly to the gowning area.
- Parking for the BMO Centre is available in Stampede park.
- Transit is available. There’s a CTrain station on site (Victoria Park) and a number of bus stops.
- Head to the Palomino Room first. Gowning will take place in the Palomino Room, and the ceremonies will take place in Exhibit Hall BC. There will be free coat check in the main event space. Your guests will be seated in Exhibit Hall BC, make sure they have their tickets.
Tips for acing convocation
- Pockets are king. You’ll need to put your phone somewhere while you’re crossing the stage.
- If you won’t need it until after the ceremony, leave your stuff with your guests. The gowns can get pretty warm so you won’t want a coat and you can’t cross the stage with your arms full — you’ll be holding your credential.
- There will be free coat check in the main event space.
- And remember, backpacks aren’t allowed in the hall, so leave them at home or take them to coat check.
Be in the moment for your big moment
It’s almost time to cross the stage. Shake off those nerves and get ready to cross the stage.
- Put your phone in your pocket or small purse — you’ll need your hands free.
- Straighten your cap and tassel.
- Have your credential and pronunciation card ready.
- Deep breath — this is your moment!
A picture is worth a thousand words — plus a hashtag
There are countless ways to capture the big day.
- You’ll receive a free digital photo of your crossing-the-stage moment from SAIT Alumni — watch for an email a few days after the ceremony.
- Follow @SAIT and @SAITalumni on Instagram for highlights of the ceremonies.
- And finally, share your photos with #SAIT2022.
Instagram contest alert
To welcome and celebrate our Class of 2022, we're giving away some incredible prizes: One (1) $500 VISA gift cards and three (3) $200 gift cards to a SAIT alumni-owned business listed on the SAIT Alumni Business Directory.
Contest opens Friday, Oct. 21.Enter for a chance to win
Still a bit nervous?
Here are some day-of notes, but don’t worry, we have a team of volunteers ready to make your convocation a day to remember.
- After you get your gown on, you’ll line up in alphabetical order with your program.
- When everyone is ready, you’ll enter the hall — stay in order ;)
- You’ll be seated to enjoy the ceremony until an usher comes to bring you backstage.
- Then it’s time to grab your credential.
- Next, a quick break for water if you’re feeling parched.
- Your #SAIT2022 moment is here 🎓.
- And then back to your seat for the rest of the ceremony — congrats!
- Rejoin your guests in the lobby ❤️.
Our credentials are off the chain — and on the blockchain
SAIT is using MyCreds™️ — Canada’s digital document wallet — to issue transcripts and other official documents in a secure digital format. MyCreds™️ is the official online document sharing system of the Association of Registrars of the Universities and Colleges of Canada (ARUCC). Learn more about how to order transcripts and access your documents anytime, from anywhere, and share them as often as you need.