School of Business Academic Advising
Our caring team of academic advisors is here to help you navigate your education journey at SAIT. Need guidance on course selection? Are you a current SAIT student looking for support for program or semester planning? Our dedicated team of advisors for the School of Business is here to help you find success in your program #HereAtSAIT, whether you’re looking to attend or are already progressing in your studies.
I cannot thank you enough for your consistent support. Your office was always a caring environment and one where you made me feel as if you cared about what I had to say. You cared more about my strengths and abilities instead of just focusing on how you could erase my weaknesses. You were excited to hear what I had to say and always pointed me in the right direction.
Before you book an appointment
- Book ahead of time and put as many details into your booking email as possible so that you can make the most out of your appointment.
- Familiarize yourself with student roles and available resources.
- Review academic policies and procedures.
- Stay up-to-date with important dates and deadlines.
Role of a student
- Plan and prepare — know your campus resources and review course delivery options.
- Update your program planner each semester to keep track of completed courses, complementary electives and practicums. To receive a new copy of your program planner, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Keep track of important dates and deadlines each semester.
- Monitor your grades and academic progression.
- Check your SAIT email and mySAIT daily for campus announcements.
- Be an active and engaged learner - know what's going on at SAIT and take advantage of free resources such as study workshops and tutoring to help you succeed in your program.
Are you a recently accepted student? Visit your program page for next steps information including orientation dates, textbook lists and technology requirements.
Role of an academic advisor
- Support students on their academic journey from admission to graduation.
- Offer guidance and assistance with
- program and major requirements
- course registration, planning, timetabling and withdrawals
- requirements for graduation
- exam conflicts, challenge exams, supplemental exams and deferred exams
- intent to return
- Connect students to relevant campus resources.