SAIT Alumni Awards
SAIT’s Alumni Family members — a network of more than 270,000 strong — are community builders, innovators, and leaders in their industries.
SAIT is proud to recognize graduates who are making an impact in the community, on the national stage and worldwide through the Alumni Awards.
2023 Alumni Awards nominations
SAIT’s Alumni Awards celebrate graduates of distinction — trailblazers in industry who invest in their community and continue to support SAIT.
Nominations for the 2023 SAIT Alumni Awards are now closed. Thank you to everyone who submitted nominations for the next cohort of distinguished alumni.
Categories and criteria
Distinguished Alumni Award
Established in 1988, the Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes a SAIT graduate who demonstrates:
- proven leadership skills
- exceptional achievements in business or industry
- outstanding contributions to the community
- a history of support for SAIT
Outstanding Young Alumni Award
Established in 2009, the Outstanding Young Alumni Award recognizes a SAIT graduate who:
- has graduated from SAIT in the last ten years and is 35 years or younger
- has proven leadership skills
- exhibits exceptional achievements in their field of endeavor
- demonstrates outstanding contributions to the community.
Clarence Hollingworth Alumni Employee Award of Excellence
Established in 2019, the Clarence Hollingworth Alumni Employee Award of Excellence is awarded to a SAIT alumnus who:
- is a SAIT staff or faculty member at the time of nomination
- has made a demonstrative and positive impact in the SAIT community through their work
- exemplifies a high level of excellence, professionalism and personal commitment to SAIT’s mission and core values, and
- embodies a spirit of enthusiasm and pride in being an alumni working at SAIT.
International Impact Alumni Award
New this year, the International Impact Alumni Award recognizes a SAIT graduate who:
- has demonstrated a positive impact on SAIT’s reputation as a global education leader
- has exhibited exceptional achievements internationally and/or
- has demonstrated outstanding contributions in bringing positive global perspectives to SAIT and its surrounding community.
Please review the following exclusions before completing your nomination:
- Self-nominations will not be considered in any award category.
- Current SAIT faculty and staff will not be considered for the SAIT Distinguished Alumni, International Impact Alumni or Outstanding Young Alumni Awards. Staff and faculty will be considered for the Clarence Hollingworth Alumni Employee Award of Excellence.
- Current serving Members of the Board of Governors or serving politicians at any level of government will not be considered for the SAIT Alumni Awards.