Printing and Print Services
Printers are available for student use in classrooms, the Reg Erhardt Library and print stations.
The print stations on campus are located in the following areas:
- Aldred Centre, room CA200
- Senator Burns Building, room NH109
- Senator Burns Building, NN 8th Floor Business Centre.
Printing with your eCard
Your printing cost is immediately deducted from the balance on your eCard when you select "Print" in your software.
|Printer location||Cost/black & white page||Cost/colour page|
🚨 The Library does not currently support printing or copying by visitors to SAIT.
Troubleshooting and printing support
Printing requests using empty eCARDS do not activate a message or notification for the student — the printer will not print.
The first step in troubleshooting an unresponsive printer should always be to check your eCARD balance.
Direct all concerns or issues regarding the eCARD system (mobile app, online systems, loading funds) to the eCARD office.
For physical printer issues — paper jams, paper shortage, toner or device service requests — contact the ITS Service Desk.
Printing services at the Library
The Library has multifunction devices (MFD) for printing, copying and scanning — two on Level-1 and one on Level-0.
Our MFDs default to black-and-white, double-sided printing. You can select colour printing and change other options in the print settings of your software if needed.
Page sizes available are:
- Letter (8 1/2" x 11")
- Legal (8 1/2" x 14")
- Tabloid (11" x 17")
A "page" is one side of a sheet of paper.
Install a Library printer in Windows
- Connect to the eduroam wireless network
- Click the START menu button
- Type \\print.acdm.ds.sait.ca and click "OK"
- If prompted to login, enter your credentials. For example:
- Username: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Password: SAIT Email Password (the default password is your birthdate in YYMMDD)
- Double-click one of the following library printers:
- Library_Printer-1: Level-1, entrance area
- Library_Printer-2: Level-1, middle of east wall
- Library_Printer-3: Level-0, middle of east wall
- Close the Print Queue box and send your document to the printer
Printing at XDocs
XDocs is also on campus for all your printing needs, including binding, posters and more.
There is a $5 minimum charge for printing with XDocs. Paper and finishing are an additional charge.
|Cost/black and white page||Cost/colour page|