Printing and Print Services
Printers are available for student use in classrooms, the Reg Erhardt Library and print stations in CA200, NN109, NN 8th Floor Business Centre.
The cost of printing in Classrooms: $0.50/page (black and white) and $1.00/page (colour).
The cost of printing at Print Stations: $0.20/page (black and white) and $0.50/page (colour).
To pay for printing, students must load credit onto their eCards.
Printing with your eCard
You pay for printing using the balance attached to your Student ID (eCard). Learn more about using your eCard and the many ways to add to or check the balance on your card.
The cost of your printing is immediately deducted from the balance on your eCard when you select "Print" in your software.
Note: the Library does not currently support printing or copying by visitors to SAIT.
Troubleshooting and printing support
Printing requests using empty eCARDS do not activate a message or notification for the student — the printer will simply not print. The first step in troubleshooting an unresponsive printer should always be to check the eCARD balance.
Direct all concerns or issues regarding the eCARD system (mobile app, online systems, loading funds) to the eCARD office in Senator Burns NN104.
For physical printer issues — paper jams, paper shortage, toner or device service requests — contact the ITS Service Desk:
- Visit the ServiceNow self-service portal.
- Prefer to email? Contact ITS.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Need immediate classroom or meeting technical support? Call 403.774.5200.
Printing services at the Library
The Library has multifunction devices (MFD) for printing, copying and scanning — two on Level-1 and one on Level-0.
Our MFDs default to black and white, double-sided printing. You can select colour printing and change other options in the print settings of your software, if needed.
Page sizes available are:
- Letter (8 1/2" x 11")
- Legal (8 1/2" x 14")
- Tabloid (11" x 17")
A "page" is one side of a sheet of paper.
Install a Library printer in Windows
- From the START Menu button, type "Run" in the search box.
- Click on the "Run" program.
- Type \\print and click "OK".
- When prompted to login, enter your network domain\username and password. For example:
- Domain\Username: ACDM\XXXXXX (student ID without the leading zeros)
- Password: YYMMDD (default network password is your birthday)
- Double-click one of the following library printers:
- Library_Printer-1: Level-1, entrance area
- Library_Printer-2: Level-1, middle of east wall
- Library_Printer-3: Level-0, middle of east wall,
- Close the Print Queue box and send your document to the printer.
- These printers will appear in your list of available devices as:
- M_Library_Printer-1 on vprn2845
- M_Library_Printer-2 on vprn2845
- M_Library_Printer-3 on vprn2845
Printing at XDocs
XDocs is on campus for all of your printing needs, including binding, posters and more.
There is a $5 minimum charge for printing with XDocs.
$0.0246 per page (black and white)
$0.1311 per page (colour)
Paper and finnishing is additional.