Once you’re ready to join our community of shapers, makers and originals – submit your application!
Before you begin
Before you begin your application, make sure:
- You know the start date and term you wish to apply for.
- You meet the admission requirements of the program.
- You have identified your first choice and second choice program (if applicable.)
- You have a valid Visa or MasterCard to pay the non-refundable online application fee of $120 for domestic students or $150 for international students.
Domestic Application System Maintenance - Sept. 27 and Oct. 4
SAIT's application system for domestic students will be closed between Sept. 27 and Oct. 4.Find out what this means for you
When to apply
Programs tend to fill up quickly, so we recommend you apply well in advance.
The table below refers to the general application deadline for most programs — please be aware of the following before you apply.
- Some programs close for application earlier than others — review your preferred program's page to find the application deadline.
- Applications for the following School of Health and Public Safety programs will close before the domestic application deadline to provide applicants time to complete the required entrance tests:
- Application closing dates do not apply to English Language Foundations, Academic Upgrading, or Open Studies.
- Review your program's page to find your scheduled start date — your tuition deadline is based on when your classes start.
|Intake term||Term begins||Applications open||Domestic applications close*||International applications close|
|Winter 2024||Jan. 8, 2024||March 29, 2023||Oct. 26, 2023||Sept. 28, 2023|
|Spring 2024||May 6, 2024||June 12, 2023||Feb. 23, 2024||Jan. 22, 2024|
|Summer 2024||July 2, 2024||Oct. 4, 2023||April 30, 2024||June 28, 2024|
|Fall 2024||Sept. 3, 2024||Oct. 4, 2023||June 28, 2024||May 29, 2024|
*In some instances, domestic applications will be accepted after the application deadline. In that case, the program's intake status will remain open.
Applying for more than one program
You can select up to two programs per application – both must be the same application type and for the same term.
The first program chosen will be your first preference, and the next program will be your second preference. Any subsequent application(s) submitted will be considered your next preference(s).
The order of your preferences cannot be re-prioritized after applications are submitted — review your program choices carefully before you apply.
All additional applications will be cancelled if you’re offered a seat in your first preference. We will evaluate the next available choice if you are waitlisted or declined in your first preference.
If you submit multiple applications for the same program in the same term, we will review the initial application and delete the rest.
The following programs are excluded from application preferences due to the nature of their admission process:
Start your application
If you’re a Canadian citizen (including a dual citizen of Canada), a permanent resident of Canada, or a refugee in Canada, apply on Apply Alberta.
Application fee: $120Apply on ApplyAlberta now
If you’re an international student, temporary resident (with a study permit, work permit, or visitor visa), or living in Canada but do not have permanent resident or refugee status, apply on SAIT’s Virtual Admissions System.
Application fee: $150Apply through Virtual Admissions System