Getting Your Class Schedule
All SAIT students must register for their classes (referred to as courses.)
Registration opens approximately eight weeks before each semester. All students will receive an email from SAIT when registration opens.
When to register
When registration opens, you can choose your courses after satisfying the following requirements.
- You’ve been admitted to your program.
- You've paid your non-refundable tuition deposit.
To register, you’ll log on to mySAIT and choose a block of courses or individual courses, depending on your program. Remember to register early before courses and blocks fill up.
Don’t forget we’re here to help! We recommend you speak to a program advisor before registering for your courses to discuss your options.
Remember to choose your courses before your tuition deadline, or your seat may be rescinded and offered to another student.
|Term||Date registration opens||Applicable programs|
|Fall 2023||June 14, 2023||
|June 26, 2023||
|June 27, 2023||
|June 28, 2023||
|Winter 2023||November (exact date TBA)||TBA|
How to register and registration types
The way you register depends on your program. Learn how to register for courses.
Some programs will require you to choose all your courses individually. This is called open registration.
- Academic Upgrading*
- Bachelor of Applied Business Administration
- Bachelor of Applied Technology Geographic Information Systems (online delivery)
- Bachelor of Business Administration**
- Business Administration (online delivery)*
- Business Administration (on-campus delivery)**
- Business and Entrepreneurship*
- Community Economic Development
- Cyber Security Analyst
- Cyber Security for Control Systems
- Data Analytics (online delivery)
- Healthcare Leadership
- Information and Records Management
- Information Technology Services*
- Interactive Design*
- International Business Management*
- Land Analyst
- Library Information Technology (online delivery)
- Management and Leadership
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (online delivery)
- Medical Office Assistant and Unit Clerk (online delivery)
- Open Studies*
- Petroleum Land Administration
- Software Development*
*New students in these programs must choose a block of required classes before selecting their courses. Review Next Steps to learn more about these mandatory online prep courses.
**Second semester and higher
Most programs require you to choose a block, or packaged group, of courses. There are two kinds of block registration: adjustable block registration and fixed block registration.
Adjustable block registration
Changes to individual courses within the block can be made online during the semester’s add/drop period. Speak with your advisor or program admin to find the courses you can change within your block.
You will register in an adjustable block if you’re in one of the following programs.
- Administrative Information Management
- Bachelor of Business Administration*
- Bachelor of Science Construction Project Management
- Bachelor of Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Business Administration*
- Civil Engineering Technology**
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography*
- Fitness and Wellness Management
- Health Information Management*
- Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Information Technology
- Information Security Analyst
- Information System Security
- Legal Assistant
- Library Information Technology (on-campus delivery)
- Mechanical Engineering Technology**
- Medical Laboratory Assistant*
- Medical Laboratory Technology*
- Medical Office Assistant and Unit Clerk (on-campus delivery)
- Medical Radiologic Technology*
*first semester only
**second semester and higher
Fixed block registration
Fixed block registration means you can switch between available blocks if there’s space. Your program advisor or academic chair must fill out a subject add/drop form for changes to individual courses.
You'll register in a fixed block if you're in one of the following programs.
- Advanced Care Paramedic
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineering Technology
- Aircraft Structures Technician
- Architectural Technologies
- Automotive Service Technology
- Avionics Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Petroleum Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Technology Geographic Information Systems (on-campus delivery)
- Baking and Pastry Arts
- Business Administration Automotive Management
- Business Intelligence Data Analysis and Reporting
- Butchery and Charcuterie Management
- Chemical Engineering Technology
- Chemical Laboratory Technology
- Civil Engineering Technology*
- Culinary Arts
- Cyber Security for Control Systems/Data Analytics Bundle (international students only)
- Data Analytics (on-campus delivery)
- Database Administrator
- Dental Assisting
- Diagnostic Medical Sonography**
- Electrical Engineering Technology
- Electronics Engineering Technology
- Energy Asset Management
- Environmental Technology
- Film and Video Production
- Geomatics Engineering Technology
- Graphic Communications and Print Technology
- Health Information Management**
- Instrumentation Engineering Technology
- Integrated Water Management
- Machining Technology
- Mechanical Engineering Technology*
- Medical Device Reprocessing Technician (on-campus delivery)
- Medical Laboratory Assistant**
- Medical Laboratory Technology**
- Medical Office Assistant (online delivery)
- Medical Radiologic Technology**
- Network Systems Specialist
- New Media Production and Design
- Non-Destructive Testing Foundations
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Object-Oriented Software Development
- Office Professional
- Ophthalmic and Optometric Assisting
- Petroleum Engineering Technology
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Power Engineering Technology
- Power and Process Operations
- Pre-employment Automotive Service Technician
- Pre-employment Cabinetmaker
- Pre-employment Carpenter
- Pre-employment Electrician
- Pre-employment Industrial Mechanic
- Pre-employment Mobile Crane
- Pre-employment Pipetrades
- Pre-employment Refrigeration and Air Conditioning
- Pre-employment RV Service Technician
- Pre-employment Welding
- Primary Care Paramedic
- Professional Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems
- Radio, Television and Broadcast News
- Railway Conductor
- Rehabilitation Therapy Assistant
- Respiratory Therapy
- Transportation and Heavy Equipment Technician
- Water and Wastewater Treatment Operations
- Web Developer
- Welding Engineering Technology
- Welding and Fabrication Technology
*First semester only
**Second semester and higher
Course meet types
|Course delivery/meet type||What it means|
|Class courses (CLAS)||Courses (labs usually) are scheduled at a specific time and are delivered on campus in the room(s) listed.|
|Online Synchronous (OS)||Courses (lectures usually) are fully online and scheduled at a specific time that the students are expected to attend.|
|Online Asynchronous (OA)||Courses are online but are not scheduled at a specific time (like a distance education course, students work on their own time). Students should consult Brightspace D2L for specific course completion dates and deadlines.|
|Online Remote Access (OR)||Courses are online and scheduled at a specific time and the students are required to attend and remotely log into the room listed.|
View a visual representation of these course delivery meet types.
Common registration errors
Pre-requisite error: You may be told that pre-requisites prevent you from registering in one or more courses. This means you're missing a course from a previous semester required to take a current course.
Co-requisite error: You could be told you're not registered in the co-requisite course. This means there is a corresponding course you also need to add. Your program advisor or academic chair can help you find the correct course.
Link error: You'll get a link error if you register for a course requiring a corresponding lab. Speak with your program advisor or academic chair to discuss availability for required labs.
Field of study error: A course may be reserved for a specific program or major. If this happens, you'll be told your field of study prevents you from registering.
Time conflict: This means you've selected two courses scheduled at the same time, and you need to adjust your choice.
Closed section: This means the course section you selected is full. You'll need to adjust your choice.
Current term-specific errors: Review our current term-specific registration errors and their status for issues that don’t appear in the common registration errors listed above.
Didn’t get the course you wanted?
Registrations will fluctuate significantly between registration and courses beginning. Check back often as seats may become available!
After you register
If you're a new student and this is your first time registering for your courses, ensure you now get your confirmation of enrolment letter, check your tuition balance and deadlines, and review upcoming important dates.
Making sense of your schedule
Your schedule for each semester, including class dates and times, will be available through mySAIT or Ellucian GO after you register.
Course dates and times are subject to change. Recheck your schedule before your first day of classes.
Viewing your schedule
You can view your schedule by logging in to mySAIT and following these steps:
- Select the myStudent tab
- Choose Search and Register for Classes
- Select Register for Courses
- Choose the term for the schedule you wish to view and continue
Your schedule will appear in a grid format, showing your classes for each day of the week. Select the schedule details tab to see each class's exact date and time.
You can also view your schedule for an individual week by selecting your Student Profile on the myStudent tab and selecting Week at a Glance on the left-hand side of the page. You can also jump to the next week or enter a specific date to see your future schedule. Check your schedule regularly so you don’t miss any classes.
This happens when multiple courses occur at the same time during different weeks. Reviewing the schedule details tab, you can clarify the exact date and time for each class in a particular course.
Adding and dropping courses
If your program is available for open registration or includes adjustable blocks, you can add and drop courses through your mySAIT account.
Current students may make edits to their schedule once registration opens through to the add/drop deadline for the semester.
Students recently accepted into their program may begin making changes one week prior to their first class. Any schedule changes that occur after the deadline are considered a course withdrawal.
The timeline to add and/or drop courses is based on your program and the number of weeks you're registered for a specific term. If your program term is less than 15 weeks or if you’re on practicum, you’ll have a shorter period to add/drop courses.
|Term length||Add/drop deadline|
|13 or more weeks||Second Friday from the program term start date|
|8-12 weeks||First Friday from the program term start date|
|2-7 weeks||Two days from the program term start date|
|Less than two weeks||There is no add/drop period|
How to drop a course
- Select the myStudent tab in mySAIT
- Choose Search and Register for Classes
- Select Register for Courses
- Choose Drop from the action field next to the course you want to drop and submit to save the change.
Contact your program advisor or academic chair if you can't add/drop online due to a course restriction.
Dropping individual courses during add/drop will result in a different refund than cancelling your entire program.
Need additional support?
Visit our online knowledge base to view frequently asked questions about the registration process or to submit a support ticket.Visit the knowledge base