Financial Aid for Alumni
Whether you are interested in completely reinventing your career or simply adding new skills to your resume, SAIT has a solution for you.
The Level Up Alumni Awards are a perk created just for you — a valued member of the SAIT alumni family. And because SAIT wants to partner with you on this journey, we have created two student awards offered exclusively to SAIT alumni.
Level Up Alumni Awards
There are two types of student awards available for SAIT graduates:
- Credit awards: For full-time and part-time students accepted into a certificate, diploma or degree program (applications are being accepted for the 2023-2024 academic year)
- Continuing education awards: For students registering in a continuing education or professional studies course (applications are now closed)
SAIT graduates accepted into a certificate, diploma or degree program at SAIT can apply for a Level Up Alumni Award.
A limited number of awards are available and will be distributed on a first-come, first-served basis.
What is the value of the award?
- $1500 each for full-time students on entry to a certificate, diploma or degree program at SAIT.
- $500 each for part-time students on entry to a certificate, diploma or degree program at SAIT.
Once accepted into a certificate, diploma or degree program, follow this award application process:
- Register for your classes.
- Log into mySAIT and go to the myStudent tab.
- Under the Finance information area, click on the Student Awards and Financial Aid link.
- Click ‘Apply for Student Awards’ and select the Aid year (July 2023 to June 2024) and the Aid period (FYG).
- Select the 'LevelUp’ application.
- Follow the prompts to complete and submit the application.
Continuing Education awards
SAIT graduates registering for a course through Continuing Education and Professional Studies are eligible to apply for a Level Up Alumni Award.
These awards are available several times a year on a rotating basis. These awards are available on a first-come, first-served basis.
🚨 Funds for continuing education awards has been reached for this intake. Please revisit this page for future applications information.
Frequently asked questions
All SAIT graduates who have received an official credential from SAIT through full or part-time studies such as an apprenticeship, certificate, diploma or degree program are eligible to apply for the Level Up Alumni Awards.
Yes! All SAIT graduates who have received a formal credential from SAIT qualify for these awards.
No. There are a limited number of awards in each category. They are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. See award information above.
The intent of the award is for you to have the most flexibility possible to determine your future. All Continuing Education and Professional Studies courses, including micro-credentials, badges or other stackable components, will be considered eligible for this purpose.
SAIT intends to continue this student awards program for alumni in the future, provided there is funding available.
It depends on which award you're applying for.
Certificate, diploma or degree Level Up Alumni Awards are awarded upon entrance to your program, which may or may not, run for more than a calendar year. You can apply for the credit award once during the program.
The Continuing Education awards are available once per academic year and alumni can apply for an award once every year.
Thank you — these awards have been made possible by you!
The funding for these awards comes from SAIT’s affinity partners, TD Insurance Meloche Monnex. Alumni who purchase products through this partnership support their fellow alumni through programs like the Level Up Alumni Awards. It’s a win-win-win for SAIT, our partners, and you – our alumni family!