SAITSA Indigenous Students' Alliance
The main objectives of the SAITSA Indigenous Students' Alliance (SISA) are to:
- create a welcoming environment for Indigenous students attending SAIT
- encourage Indigenous students to become proactive in representing themselves through student-based initiatives
- participate in the development and implementation of services, and events that will contribute to Indigenous students' academic success.
To become a member of SISA, stop into Chinook Lodge and speak to one of the SISA executives.
The Chinook Lodge Indigenous Student Alliance is run by an executive of students who are selected by SISA members in consultation with Chinook Lodge personnel. All SAIT Indigenous students are encouraged to join SISA and to seek one of these Executive positions.
Call and chair meetings for all meetings for SISA.
- Coordinate and be responsible for voting and elections for SISA.
- Attend club committee meetings as a voting member.
- Maintain all documents regarding all activities regarding SISA.
- Call meetings with the executive committee twice per month.
- Call general meetings with SISA membership once per month.
- Appoint sub-committees for events, fundraising and for whatever else he/she sees fit.
Assist the Chief Executive in all duties deemed necessary.
- Perform as acting Chief if he/she is not available.
Oversee the financial activities of SISA.
- Ensure that all financial transactions and funding are accounted for.
- Prepare and deliver monthly financial reports to the Chinook Lodge Student Advisor.
Coordinate all student-based activities and events for SISA.
- Coordinate SISA members in volunteering positions or events.
- Develop and distribute posters and publications regarding activities and events hosted by SISA throughout the SAIT community.