Indigenous Students' Alliance
The main objectives of the SAITSA Indigenous Students' Alliance (SISA) are to:
- create a welcoming environment for Indigenous students attending SAIT
- encourage Indigenous students to become proactive in representing themselves through student-based initiatives
- participate in developing and implementing services and events that will contribute to Indigenous students' academic success.
To become a member of SISA, drop by Natoysopoyiis and speak to one of the SISA executives.
The SAITSA Indigenous Student Alliance (SISA) is run by an executive of students selected by existing SISA members in consultation with Natoysopoyiis personnel.
All SAIT Indigenous students are encouraged to join SISA and to seek one of these executive positions.
The Chief calls and chairs all SISA meetings. They are also responsible for the following:
- coordinating elections for SISA
- attending club committee meetings as a voting member
- maintaining all documents regarding all SISA activities
- chairing meetings with the executive committee twice per month
- chairing general meetings with all SISA members once per month
- appointing sub-committees for events, fundraisers and whatever else they see fit.
The Co-Chief assists the Chief Executive in all duties deemed necessary and performs as the acting Chief if they are not available.
The Financial Executive oversees the financial activities of SISA.
They ensure all financial transactions and funding are accounted for and prepare and deliver monthly financial reports to the Natoysopoyiis Student Advisor.
The Activities Executive coordinates all student-based activities and events for SISA.
They lead the logistics of SISA events, recruit volunteers, and publicize events and activities to the broader SAIT community.