Commitment to excellence
Strategic plan 2020 - 2025
People • Culture • Growth
SAIT is a network of know-how, energy and talent advanced through relevant, action-based learning, solution-focused research and enterprising collaborations.
Our people, culture and ongoing growth form the foundation of our story, our brand.
Equity, diversity and inclusion (EDI)
EDI provides the conditions for a healthy campus where our community feels welcomed, supported, included, valued and empowered to succeed.
- provide thoughtful health, safety and wellness programs and services for students and employees
- develop and implement a diversity and inclusion strategy to build a supportive community for all students and employees
- acknowledge SAIT's commitment to First Nations, Métis and Inuit peoples and, in the spirit of Truth and Reconciliation, deliver the priorities outlined in our Indigenous Learner Success Strategy
- recognize and support employee excellence:
- hire for a growth mindset, curiosity and collaboration.
- actively invest in skills development and renewal through training, industry secondments and exchanges
- build organizational leadership capacity through our leadership development programs demonstrate value for expertise and reward creativity
- ensure access to tools and resources needed to get things done
- invest in finding better ways of doing business to increase our agility, responsiveness and effectiveness
- drive sustainable financial growth through new revenue streams, efficiencies and partnerships
- become a digital institution in all aspects of business processes and interactions
- advance environmental sustainability through operating practices and programming alignment with industry trends
"This is our home... where we advance our know-how, energy and talents with relevant, action-based learning; solution-focused research; and enterprising collaborations with people and partners from around the globe." - SAIT's brand story
This plan is a clear roadmap for SAIT. Our industry connections — our competitive advantage — will allow us to quickly bring relevant new products to market.
- encourage innovative thinking and prudent risk-taking — embracing trial and error as an important part of learning
- lead with a world-class customer experience mindset across the organization
- be dynamic. Products will be responsive to market demand and customer needs — speed and agility are critical.
- drive collaboration through cross-organizational projects and initiatives