Intercultural Support Strategy
Building a global campus where everyone feels included.
SAIT’s diverse student body contributes to a rich and vibrant campus culture that fosters global connection.
Our increasingly diverse student population presents an enormous opportunity: By exposing all students to different perspectives, languages and cultures, we empower them to become global citizens, ready to tackle the challenges of the interconnected world.
Enhancing student experiences
We’re proud to introduce our 2023 – 2028 Intercultural Support Strategy — an initiative aimed at providing an enriched and cohesive intercultural student experience.
The journey of international and newcomer students is unique. The Intercultural Support Strategy focuses on meeting their personal, academic and employment needs, while building intercultural competence across the entire institution.
- English Conversation Partners Program
- Peer Mentorship Program
- Drop-in EAL tutoring is available for individuals and small groups to support with speaking, listening, reading and writing in English. Students can drop in from Tuesday through Friday, 10 am to 3 pm (ends 2 pm on Wednesdays) in MC209, Stan Grad Centre (enter through the Lamb Learner Success Centre, MC221).
📅 SAIT Intercultural Week
Join us from Nov. 20 to 22 for events celebrating our diverse campus community. From performances to a multicultural fair to a speaker series, there’s so much to explore. Plus, enjoy refreshments and enter to win daily door prizes!
- 11:30 am to 1:30 pm | Irene Lewis Atrium, Stan Grad Centre
🌍 Take a trip around the world at a multicultural fair from 11:30 am to 1 pm in the Irene Lewis Atrium of Stan Grad Centre. Get curious and learn more about different places, cultures and SAIT services.
- Noon to 1 pm | Irene Lewis Atrium, Stan Grad Centre
💃🏽 Experience vibrant traditional dances, captivating performances and artistic expressions from around the world in celebration of the rich diversity of our SAIT community.
- Noon to 12:50 pm | Macdonald Hall, Heritage Hall
🗨 Attend the speaker series to learn about transcultural communication, study abroad opportunities and SAIT’s international student recruitment strategies. Registration is required.