Canadian Armed Forces Prior Learning Recognition
SAIT is committed to supporting and empowering all Canadian Armed Forces (CAF) members through our Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) framework.
We provide an evaluation service for military experience and credits, which may reduce the number of courses required to complete as part of your SAIT education.
How to apply for credit
To have your military experience or credit evaluated, you must first apply and be accepted into a SAIT program.
Once accepted, contact firstname.lastname@example.org to determine if your program of study is eligible and determine the next steps.
Veterans, if eligible, can access education funding through the Education and Training Benefit offered by Veterans Affairs Canada. Regular Forces or Reservists, if eligible, can access education funding through the Education Reimbursement Program or the Paid Education Program.
SAIT recognizes the tremendous value that reservists who are also students or staff bring to our campuses. We have processes to accommodate short-term or long-term leave of absence from study or work to complete CAF-related training. We can also arrange the rescheduling of tests and assignments or the deferment of a semester or program as required.
These accommodations are subject to the terms, conditions and approvals described in in the following policies and procedures:
- AC.3.17.1: Student Military Leave,
- HR3.3.1: Military Training Leave Procedures and
- HR3.4.1: Military Operations Leave Procedures.
Several SAIT programs are recognized by the Canadian Armed Forces - Accreditation Certification Equivalency (CAF-ACE) program and the Non-Commissioned Member Subsidized Training and Education Plan (NCMSTEP) Program:
- Advanced Care Paramedic
- Aircraft Maintenance Engineers Technology
- Bachelor of Applied Technology Geographic Information Systems (pending)
- Business Administration – Human Resource Management (pending)
- Business Administration – Supply Chain Management (pending)
- Culinary Arts
- Dental Assisting
- Geomatics Engineering Technology (pending)
- Medical Laboratory Technology
- Medical Radiologic Technology
- Primary Care Paramedic