Strategic plan 2020 - 2025
We enhance the global competitiveness of our students and region.
Today's global economy demands individuals and industry compete with others from around the world.
Global partnerships expand our reach and reputation, while a global campus provides all students with opportunities to develop the cross-cultural awareness they need to be successful. International enrolment brings talent, ideas and substantial economic, academic and social value to SAIT and our community.
Our goal for the next five years — and beyond — is to enhance global perspectives at SAIT, and about SAIT, through experiences, relationships and recognition.
BRINGING THE WORLD TO SAIT AND SAIT TO THE WORLD.
World views, Alberta value
Build talent that brings global perspective and experience:
- increase access to international experiences for students and employees — work-integrated learning, study abroad, on-campus programming, international exchanges
- attract more international students to SAIT to build talent for Alberta
- increase SAIT's international development footprint
- expand global partnerships with industry and other post-secondary institutions to attract global resources — people, funding, exchanges and ideas
Putting SAIT on the map
Increase brand awareness of the value of SAIT's model of education:
- showcase the competitive advantages, success stories and community impact of applied education through storytelling
- promote the value of a SAIT credential as a pathway to successful careers and global citizenship
I have met some inspiring people at SAIT and they have one thing in common: passion and integrity for their work. I believe in us to drive innovation forward.
Leading in learning
Make our programs globally competitive:
- identify relevant measures of global recognition. Promote existing SAIT programs and develop new programs to grow our global position
- implement best practices in recruitment, advising, teaching and support of international students