Strategic Plan 2020-25
We blur the lines between industry and SAIT to strengthen
OUR PATH FORWARD: NEW WORLD. NEW THINKING. 2023-25
We’ve reached the midpoint of SAIT’s Strategic Plan. Learn more about our path forward through our 2023-25 priority framework.Our path forward
2023-25 Key focus area
Reinvigorating our industry engagement efforts and further improving business process efficiency will enhance our strategic partnerships with industry. An increased emphasis on environmental, social and governance (ESG) management will build on our commitments to equity, diversity and inclusion, sustainable financial management and environmental sustainability.
- Develop and implement a comprehensive Industry Engagement Strategy.
- Identify opportunities to partner with industry in support of economic development and diversification.
- Create an environmental, social and governance (ESG) reporting approach and strategy.
- Prioritize additional business process improvements in the areas of curriculum development and management, and student applications and admissions.
TO BE A GLOBAL LEADER IN APPLIED EDUCATION.
WE PREPARE STUDENTS FOR SUCCESSFUL CAREERS AND LIVES.
New World. New Thinking. 2020-25
Relationships with business and industry are core to SAIT. Our instructors are industry experts. Our programming evolves through an industry lens. We work with organizations around the world to deliver corporate training solutions and we work with industry partners to create commercial solutions through applied research.
The speed of change affecting the world of work is massive — and our shared ability to respond is essential.
Our goal for the next five years — and beyond — is to navigate change collaboratively. Together, we will develop the bench strength required to build our economy and ensure SAIT graduates are not only ready to succeed in the jobs of tomorrow but to create them.
SHAPING A NEW WORLD OF WORK WITH INDUSTRY. HERE'S HOW.
Strengthen our mutual value proposition with industry:
- enable a free flow of people between industry and SAIT through secondments and internships
- facilitate agreements to share technology and expertise between industry and SAIT
- enhance and evolve our relationship management model with industry
- make our organizational structure easy for industry to connect and work with SAIT
Collaborate with industry as co-leaders to build the economy:
- work with industry to understand evolving talent requirements and develop responsive, relevant programming
- problem solve with industry through applied research
- act as a convener of cross-industry thought leadership to explore new opportunities
- build relationships with new industry partners in emerging growth sectors to support economic diversification