Homeowner's Electricity - ELEC 100Learn more and register
One of the hardest parts of tackling a home electrical project is knowing where to start. This practical and user-friendly electrical course is designed to meet the specific needs of homeowners and DIYer's wishing to enhance their homes by revising rooms, adding computer and entertainment units, or improving the overall usefulness of the living space.
You'll learn everything you need to know in order to plan the electrical requirements of a renovation and to work safely around electricity, while ensuring the electrical work you do is to code and safe for everyone in the home after the job is done.
- Electrical safety
- Permits and codes
- Ground fault circuit interrupters and other safety devices
- Design and layout
- Wire types and connections
- Fixtures, including lighting, appliances and devices
- Switching, including dimmers and remote controls
- Circuits including three-way switch for stairwells
- Working with existing walls and fixtures