How to Apply
- Know when to apply
- Do you meet the admission requirements?
- Apply to SAIT
- Send us your transcripts
- Are you enrolled in high school or upgrading courses?
- Check your admission status
Know when to apply
Apply for most full-time programs on the application start date indicated below.
|Program start||Applications open|
|Fall 2014 (September - December)||October 18, 2013|
|Winter 2015 (January - April)||August 1, 2014|
|Spring 2015 (May - June)
Summer 2015 (July - August)
|October 15, 2014|
|Fall 2015 (September - December)||October 15, 2014|
- You may apply to more than one program but a separate application and fee are required for each.
- If your application is on a waitlist for the September intake (beginning of the academic year), you may request to transfer it to the January or May intake of the same academic year.
- Applications are accepted for each intake up until classes begin for most full-time programs, but it is best to apply early as many programs offer early admission and/or continuous selection.
Do you meet the admission requirements?
All full-time programs have specific admission requirements outlined in the Academic Calendar. To qualify for admission, you must satisfy one of the following:
- Have an Alberta High School Diploma (or equivalent) and satisfy the program admission requirements or,
- Qualify as a Mature Student and satisfy the program admission requirements.
Some programs require supplementary documentation or additional information to be submitted after applying. This could include a career investigation, mechanical apptitude test, resumé, essay, interview, or more.
Review the admission requirements and selection criteria as listed within each program. In all cases, you must meet the admission requirements as outlined.
English Language Proficiency: All applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission, including students educated in Canada.
If you do not meet the admission requirements:
- Consider the Academic Upgrading program for all core academic subjects
- See the English Language Foundations program if English is an additional language.
- Learn more about admission tests. Our testing services offer admission testing for students/potential students for admission to SAIT programs.
Apply to SAIT
Do not apply online through SAIT/Apply Alberta. Visit Trade Secrets for information about becoming a registered apprentice. Once you are eligible through the apprenticeship board, you can register for apprenticeship training at SAIT.
- You will need a Visa or MasterCard to pay the $50 online application fee ($200 for International students).
- A hard-copy application (.pdf) is available with an application fee of $150 ($200 for International students).
- Application fees are non-refundable.
Send us your transcripts
Please provide official transcripts of all high school and post-secondary education you have completed to date. Transcripts, or anticipated final grades, must be presented to Student Services before you will be considered for admission.
If your transcripts are from Alberta, another province, or outside of Canada, check out How to submit your transcripts and/or documentation.
If you are enrolled in high school or upgrading courses
You can enter your academic information, including grades to-date, in the online application. If you haven't completed a course yet, enter your anticipated final mark instead. This information will be used for admission until we receive your final transcript.
If you are offered conditional admission to a program based on your anticipated final grades, make sure that:
- your academic average remains at or above the minimum selection or early admission average for the program applied for; and,
- all required courses are successfully completed; and,
- all graduation requirements are satisfied.
If you did not enter your anticipated final grades when you applied, you can complete an Anticipated Final Grades form.
Please make sure we receive your final and official transcript by the Transcript Deadline. Applicants must meet or exceed their projected grades in order to maintain admission in the program.
Check your admission status
As your application is reviewed, you will be able to monitor any changes to your admission status through your mySAIT.ca account. Simply log into mySAIT, click on the myApplication tab, and then select Check the status of your processed application(s). If you are offered admission, you will receive a letter in the mail.
- SAIT Polytechnic