How to Register
You should have an estimate of your tuition and living expenses before applying. See Paying for Your Apprenticeship for financial tips.
Once you have begun working as an apprentice, you will need to attend SAIT to complete your technical training.
Five steps to register at SAIT
1. Access your MyTradeSecrets profile.
2. Ensure you have completed the required on-the-job training and hours to be eligible for technical training. Check your progress through MyTradeSecrets.
3. Review the training schedule and choose a class start date.
4. Register for training, Payment, sponsorship letter or purchase order is required when you register.
- login to your MyTradeSecrets profile
- choose your preferred class
- complete your payment by credit card - Visa or Mastercard
Register by phone or in person:
- call 403.284.7248 or toll-free at 1.877.284.7248
- visit the Office of the Registrar in AA211, second floor of Heritage Hall
5. After you register, we will send you a confirmation email with your program start date, class schedule, receipt, Employee Insurance (EI) code and information about getting started at SAIT.
Registering for multiple training periods
You must wait at least one week after classes start to register for your next training period. If you prefer to register for back-to-back training (two consecutive training periods with no break), make sure to discuss it with your employer first.
If you are coming to SAIT to speak with an advisor, download the QLess app or text the word 'SAIT' to 587-318-2823.
Go to the Apple App Store to download QLess
Go to the Google Play Store to download QLess
Once you have joined the line — either through your device or at a kiosk in the Office of the Registrar — you will receive a text message letting you know your estimated wait.
After you register
- Check your registration confirmation letter for the Employment Insurance (EI) reference code and the cancellation policies and procedures relating to your registration.
- Plan your student budget with help from Paying for Your Apprenticeship and Tuition and Financial Aid.
- Refer to Apprenticeship Training Preparation to assess your math and reading skills before starting your classes.