How to Register
Ten steps to registration
- Research a trade — if you don't have experience in a trade, consider a pre-employment program.
- Find an employer.
- Complete the apprenticeship application and contract.
- Get your apprentice record book (Blue Book).
- Access your MyTradesecrets profile.
- Estimate tuition and living expenses.
- Check your eligibility through MyTradesecrets.
- Review the training schedule and choose a class start date.
- Register for training! Payment, sponsorship letter or purchase order is due upon registration.
- Register online
- Login to your MyTradesecrets profile
- Choose your preferred class
- Have your credit card ready - we accept Visa and MasterCard
- Register by phone or in person
- Call us at 403.284.7248 or toll-free at 1.877.284.7248
- Visit the Office of the Registrar in AA211, second floor of Heritage Hall
- Register online
- After you register, we'll send you a confirmation email with your program start date, class schedule, receipt, Employment Insurance (EI) code, and information about getting started at SAIT.
Registering for multiple training periods
You must wait at least one week after classes start to register for your next training period. If you'd like to register for back-to-back training (two consecutive training periods with no break), make sure to discuss it with your employer first.
After you register
Apprenticeships and Trades
- Becoming an Apprentice
- Blended Apprenticeship Learning
- Pre-employment programs
- Apprentice Success Services
- Records Policies and Procedures
- Paying for your Apprenticeship
- How to Register
- Blue Seal Certificate
- Gold Seal Certificate
- Contact Alberta Apprenticeship and Industry Training
- Apprenticeship Programs