Overview of Academic Services
SAIT proudly supports student success and advancement of knowledge through Academic Services. From application to graduation, Academic Services provides services and resources designed to help learners reach their full academic potential, foster lifelong learning, and contribute to student achievement and retention. Academic Services delivers academic core courses in communications, critical thinking, career preparation, leadership, ethics, sociology, psychology, computer fundamentals, mathematics, physics and statistics. Academic core courses are part of the curriculum for most SAIT career programs and are designed to give students the fundamental skills they need to succeed.
- Engage in scholarly activity and/or conduct scholarly research related to SAIT's approved programs of study.
- Broaden the range of research and scholarship being done at SAIT to be more closely aligned with Ernest Boyer's model which includes applied research, discovery research, the research of integration, and the scholarship of teaching and learning.
- Assist in the identification of best practices in scholarly activity and research within SAIT's teaching-intensive environment.
- Participate in the development of SAIT's research strategy, ensuring the incorporation of a more expansive view of scholarly activity and research at SAIT.
- Explore opportunities for collaboration both within SAIT and with colleagues at other teaching-intensive institutions.
The research and scholarly activity being conducted by instructors in Academic Services is reflective of the perse nature of their backgrounds and the courses they teach.