Literature and Composition II - COMM 181
Students are introduced to a variety of literary forms, primary and secondary sources, and the associated referencing techniques. Written and oral assignments based on a variety of literary and visual materials are used to guide comprehension and critical analysis of studied texts. This course is considered equivalent to Alberta Education's English 20-1.
- Placement Test (UENP 50) - (Achieving benchmark in English placement test)
- Transcript Evaluation (TEN 1) - (ELA 10-1 or equivalent)
- Placement Test (EENA 75) - (Achieving benchmark in English placement test)
- COMN 180
Classroom or Online
$500 Domestic students
$1820.7 International students
*Fees subject to change
Courses with prerequisites
If your course has a prerequisite, you must submit transcripts demonstrating you meet the requirements.
- Get a SAIT ID.
Before you register, submit your transcripts based on your previous education.
- Transcripts from Alberta: email email@example.com with your SAIT ID number and your Alberta Student Number (ASN) and we’ll order them on your behalf.
- Transcripts from Canada: email a copy of your transcripts to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your SAIT ID number.
- Outside of Canada: email a copy of your educational documents to email@example.com and include your SAIT ID number for assessment, which will take two to four weeks to complete.
- If you don’t have transcripts, you can take a placement test to determine if you meet the prerequisites for the course.
- You’ll receive an email within three business days about your eligibility to register.