WORLD CLASS INSTRUCTION
Our students learn from exceptionally talented faculty members who forged their skills in some of the world's finest hospitality establishments. See for yourself!
To see the career pathway our featured instructors travelled before they arrived on our campus, simply click on their photo.
- Michael Allemeier was born in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Certified Master Chef Designation. Third Chef in Canada to achieve this designation – 2017
- Cooked for Presidents Clinton and Yeltsin Vancouver Summit – April 1993
- Michael set-up The Taste of Canada promotion at The Royal Garden Hotel in London, England
- Host of Cook Like a Chef on the Food Network Canada – 2000 – 2003
- Travel and Leisure Magazine – One of the Top Five Winery Restaurants in the World, Mission Hill Winery – 2008
Hospitality and Tourism Management
- Dubrelle French Culinary School – Professional Cooking Diploma
- Certified Chef de Cuisine, SAIT/CCF (Canadian Culinary Federation)
- Sous Chef at Tylney Hall, Southwest of London
- Chef de Cuisine at the Hôtel Plaza Athénée, New York City
- Opened Catch with Chef Michael Noble, Calgary
- Canadian Red Seal Certification, SAIT
- Gold and bronze medals at FHA Singapore – 2006
- Chef de Cuisine at the Canadian Embassy, China, the beginning of culinary diplomacy for her
- Chef de Cuisine at Four Seasons Beijing, opening team. As the only female manager in the entire kitchen brigade, she took it upon herself to lead the way for young female Chinese chefs
- Sous Chef at Global Affairs Canada, and Chef de Cuisine at Royal Danish Embassy, Ottawa, Canada
- Graduated from SAIT’s Hospitality Management program - 2014
- Organize the Cocktails and Consent training program - 2017
- Brought her mentorship skills and knowledge back to the School of Hospitality and Tourism as an instructor - 2018
- White Hat award winner for beverage specialist - 2018
Explore Our Programs
At SAIT's School of Hospitality and Tourism, you don't just study the hospitality industry, you work in it.
Lifelong learning courses
If you have a passion for food and drink, and an appetite to learn, we've got a course for you.
Whether you are wanting to improve your skills or just have fun, our hands‑on courses will allow you to explore your hobbies and interests while increasing expertise.
- Baking Basics
- Tour of the World
- Cooking Fundamentals
- Cooking Classes for Couples
- Cooking Techniques
- Youth Classes
Team building + Culinary events
SAIT's one-of-a-kind culinary events are both educational and entertaining.
LEADING-EDGE VENUES AND 'LIVING CLASSROOMS'
Thank you for supporting excellence in hospitality education.