WORLD CLASS INSTRUCTION
Our students learn from exceptionally talented faculty members who forged their skills in some of the world's finest hospitality establishments. See for yourself!
To see the career pathway our featured instructors travelled before they arrived on our campus, simply click on their photo.
- Michael Allemeier was born in Johannesburg, South Africa
- Certified Master Chef Designation. Third Chef in Canada to achieve this designation – 2017
- Cooked for Presidents Clinton and Yeltsin Vancouver Summit – April 1993
- Michael set-up The Taste of Canada promotion at The Royal Garden Hotel in London, England
- Host of Cook Like a Chef on the Food Network Canada – 2000 – 2003
- Travel and Leisure Magazine – One of the Top Five Winery Restaurants in the World, Mission Hill Winery – 2008
- Graduated with Honours from SAIT – 1996
- Apprentice at the La Rôtisserie Monsigny, Paris, France – 2000
- Visiting Chef at the Yamazaki Cooking Academy, Maebashi City, Gunma‑Ken, Japan
- Sous Chef at the Department of Foreign Affairs, Trade and Development, Ottawa, Ontario
- Dubrelle French Culinary School – Professional Cooking Diploma
- Certified Chef de Cuisine, SAIT/CCF (Canadian Culinary Federation)
- Sous Chef at Tylney Hall, Southwest of London
- Chef de Cuisine at the Hôtel Plaza Athénée, New York City
- Opened Catch with Chef Michael Noble, Calgary
- Canadian Red Seal Certification, SAIT
- Gold and bronze medals at FHA Singapore – 2006
- Chef de Cuisine at the Canadian Embassy, China, the beginning of culinary diplomacy for her
- Chef de Cuisine at Four Seasons Beijing, opening team. As the only female manager in the entire kitchen brigade, she took it upon herself to lead the way for young female Chinese chefs
- Sous Chef at Global Affairs Canada, and Chef de Cuisine at Royal Danish Embassy, Ottawa, Canada
Hospitality Management Program
- Hotel and Restaurant Administration (Honours), SAIT
- Fairmont Palliser, managed 5 departments with 65 staff, Calgary, Canada
- 2001 Study Tour to Thailand
- 2003 Study Tour to Australia
- 2006 Study Tour to Northern Italy
- 2008 Study Tour to Chile
- 2012 Study Tour to Paris and Amsterdam
- 2016 Study Tour to Southern Italy
- 2019 Study Tour to Spain and Gibraltar
A CUT ABOVE THE REST
SAIT's School of Hospitality and Tourism offers relevant and in-demand programs to develop hospitality leaders of the future.
Building job‑ready graduates
Industry- Aligned programs
Leading‑edge Venues and 'Living Classrooms'
Our approach to immersive learning will give you the skills and knowledge employers demand in today's dynamic marketplace.
Explore Our Programs
At SAIT's School of Hospitality and Tourism, you don't just study the hospitality industry, you work in it.
Lifelong learning + hobbyist courses
If you have a passion for food and drink, and an appetite to learn, we've got a course for you.
Whether you are wanting to improve your skills or just have fun, our hands‑on courses will allow you to explore your hobbies and interests while increasing expertise.
- Baking Basics
- Tour of the World
- Cooking Fundamentals
- Cooking Classes for Couples
- Cooking Techniques
- Youth Classes
Team building + Culinary events
SAIT's one-of-a-kind culinary events are both educational and entertaining.
We have over $5 million in awards including the Bissett Bursary program.
Finance your education
Learn about payment options, loans and financial advising.
We support our international students ensuring you have the resources to succeed.
LEADING-EDGE VENUES AND 'LIVING CLASSROOMS'
Thank you for supporting excellence in hospitality education.