Health Services Clinic
Schedule an appointment by phone or in person to see a clinic physician.
NR 041 Senator Burns Building
Our clinic provides on-campus medical attention for urgent or non-urgent medical issues to all members of the SAIT community.
Monday - Friday
8:00 am to 4:30 pm
In the event of a medical emergency outside of our clinic hours please call
- 911 or
- Campus Security at 403.284.8000
- Treatment of minor illnesses (cold, flu, sore throat)
- First aid for minor injuries
- Routine physical exams
- Referral to specialist and/or other allied health care professionals
- Mental health concerns
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Crutch loans / special parking for persons with disabilities
- Sexual health concerns
- Birth control
- Confidential STI testing
- Emergency contraception (plan B)
- Pregnancy test
- Wart clinic
- Health education on various topics
- Allergy injections with physician's orders
Blood test services are not offered. If blood tests are requisitioned by one of our physicians, you will be referred to Calgary Lab Services. Results will be sent back to us for the physician to review.
All medical records and information are kept confidential. Health care professionals have access to records for treatment purposes only. No medical information will be released to any source without written permission from the patient.
Who Has Access
- SAIT students, part-time and full-time
- SAIT faculty members, staff and contract workers
- Students, faculty and staff at ACAD (Alberta College of Art & Design)
Please note that due to the high demand for access to our medical services, once your relationship with SAIT/ACAD comes to an end, whether through graduation, withdrawal or employment termination, you will be required to seek health care services outside of SAIT.
- A valid health care number is required to see a doctor, otherwise a fee will apply. Out of province health care coverage is accepted, except for Quebec.
- You will be required to complete a health questionnaire at the time of your visit, and before treatment can be provided.
- Visits with an RN are on a 'walk-in' basis. However, priority will be given to patients requiring immediate medical attention. There are no fees to see the nurse.
- Visits with a physician are by appointment only. Please allow for sufficient time in your schedule for your doctor's appointment.