Health Services Clinic
Now accepting new patients and families
Your on-campus medical clinic and family practice providing non-urgent and urgent medical services to students, staff and the community.
Schedule an appointment by phone or in person to see a clinic physician. Walk-in appointments also welcome.
Monday - Friday
8 am to 4:30 pm
NR 041 Senator Burns Building
In the event of a medical emergency outside of our clinic hours please call
- 911 or
- Campus Security at 403.284.8000
Who has access
- SAIT students, part-time and full-time
- SAIT faculty members, staff and contract workers
- Students, faculty and staff at ACAD (Alberta College of Art & Design)
- Members of the public
- Treatment of minor illnesses (cold, flu, sore throat)
- First aid for minor injuries
- Routine physical exams
- Referral to specialist and/or other allied health care professionals
- Mental health concerns
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Crutch loans / special parking for persons with disabilities
- Sexual health concerns
- Birth control
- Confidential STI testing
- Emergency contraception (plan B)
- Pregnancy test
- Wart clinic
- Health education on various topics
- Allergy injections with physician's orders
Dr. Kelli Thomas
|Dr. Kelli Thomas graduated from Queen's University School of Medicine and did her family medicine residency at the University of Calgary. At the SAIT Health Clinic since 2014, she loves working with students. She has extensive experience with mental health disorders, is LGBTQ friendly and has a special interest in sexual and reproductive health and has received additional training with IUD insertions - a service she offers through the clinic.
|Dr. Sameena Merchant graduated from the University of Western Ontario's medical school and completed her family medicine residency there. She has been at the SAIT clinic since 2006 and brought her family practice here in 2013. Dr. Merchant has a special interest in women's health and mental health.
Dr. Sameena Merchant
Dr. Shawna Lamond
|Dr. Shawna Lamond graduated and did her family medicine residency at the University of Calgary. A physician at two lactation clinics in the city, she also has an interest in sport medicine.
|Dr. Vivian Cheng graduated from medical school at the University of British Columbia and did her family medicine residency at the University of Calgary. She is new to the SAIT practice and is accepting new family medicine patients at the Health Clinic. She has special interest in the areas of mental health and global health and speaks fluent Mandarin.
Dr. Vivian Cheng
- A valid health care number is required to see a doctor, otherwise a fee will apply. Out of province health care coverage is accepted, except for Quebec.
- You will be required to complete a health questionnaire at the time of your visit, and before treatment can be provided.
- Appointments with a physician are recommended, however, walk-in appointments are welcomed.
Blood test services are not offered. If blood tests are requisitioned by one of our physicians, you will be referred to Calgary Lab Services. Results will be sent back to us for the physician to review.
All medical records and information are kept confidential. Health care professionals have access to records for treatment purposes only. No medical information will be released to any source without written permission from the patient.