Completely revised and updated for 2017/18 with the help of subject matter experts who are currently working the field, this program will enable you to learn the current industry standards and the best practices of information and records management from industry professionals. Managing records and information is a pivotal piece in running any organization efficiently and with topics ranging from the fundamentals to advanced topics in strategic management of information, SAIT's Information and Records Management certificate will help you succeed.These courses are intended for industry professionals upgrading their skills or for individuals looking to change or enhance their careers.
Note: All courses below are offered on an ongoing basis as online distance education courses.
Important Note: Students who wish to receive the certificate must apply for the program officially. You may apply at any time before or during the course of your studies. Students who do not meet the requirements, but would like to take the courses may do so, but no certificate will be granted upon completion. These courses are not recommended for students who do not meet the English Language Proficiency requirements.
- Records Management Team Leader
- Document Management Specialist Manager
- Document Control
At least 60% in each of the following courses or their equivalents:
- English Language Arts 30-1 or English Language Arts 30-2
- Two of the following Grade 12 subjects: Math (Pure Math 30, Applied Math 30, Math 30-1, Math 30-2 or Math 30-3), Science, Social Science, Accounting, Law or a second language.
- MGMT 244 (Fundamentals of Information and Records Management) may be substituted for one of the Grade 12 subjects. This course is available through continuing education.
- All applicants, including students educated in Canada, must demonstrate English Language Proficiency prior to admission.
- SAIT accepts high school course equivalents for admission. If you don't meet the requirements, consider Academic Upgrading.
To get started, submit an application for this part-time program through ApplyAlberta.
|COURSE NAME||COURSE CODE||OFFERED|
|Professional Communication & Presentation Skills||COMM-256||Classroom or Online|
|Information Management Administration||MMGT-350||Classroom or Online|
|Fundamentals of Information and Records Management||MGMT-244||Classroom or Online|
|Advanced Information and Records Management||MGMT-215||Classroom or Online|
|Business Imaging Technology||MMGT-284||Classroom or Online|
|Managing Records Classification & Vocabulary Design||MMGT-228||Classroom or Online|
|Strategic Records and Information Management||MGMT-282||Classroom or Online|
|Tools and Techniques||MGMT-213||Classroom or Online|
|Management of Vital Records||MMGT-225||Classroom or Online|
|Enterprise Content Management||MMGT-201||Classroom or Online|
You will have five (5) years to complete this certificate. Please contact us at 403.284.8401 or email ict.ConEd.email@example.com for more information.