This program is eligible for Canada-Alberta Job Grant funding.
The Certified Chef de Cuisine program is administered for the Canadian Culinary Institute (CCI), an educational branch of the Canadian Culinary Federation (CCF). The Chef de Cuisine designation is the second highest level of accreditation for cooks in Canada and is designed for those currently working at Executive, Executive Sous and Sous Chef levels. To earn this designation you must first apply for and be accepted into the CCF. For additional questions please contact: Chef Instructor Mikael Volke at 403.210.4230.
The 2016/17 offerings of these classes are as follows:
- Cost Controls: Jan. 9 - Feb. 19, 2017
- Nutrition: Jan. 9 - Feb. 19, 2017
- HR for Food Service Managers: Feb. 21 - April 2, 2017
- Menu Planning: Feb. 21 - April 2, 2017
- Written Exam: May be scheduled between Feb. 27 - March 23, 2017
- Practical Exam: March 24, 2017 (office day), April 21 and 22, 2017 (lab days)
Each online course costs $400. The written exam costs $275. The practical exam costs $600. Students are responsible for ordering the textbook listed in the course description.
|Chef de Cuisine Written Exam||FDPR-165|
|HR for Food Service Managers||MGMT-415||Online|
*GST/HST applicable in provinces where relevant.