Foundations in Transportation Trades
Designed for: Students in Grades 11 and 12
Delivery: On-campus weekdays
Learn foundational skills and knowledge in this multi-disciplinary, hands-on program that focuses on the transportation industry.
Students will learn from journeyperson instructors and industry partners to develop skills in a variety of different transportation trades including:
- Automotive Service Technician (AST)
- Auto Body Technician
- Automotive Management
- Recreation Vehicle (RV) Service Technician
- Crane and Hoisting Operator
- Heavy Equipment Technician
- Motorcycle Mechanic
Students will also earn industry recognized credentials, safety awareness and workplace competencies.
Is this the right fit for me?
This program is for students in Grade 11 and 12 who enjoy:
- applied learning and working with their hands
- mechanical and electronic work
- problem solving and creativity
- looking to explore a career in the trades
Exploring Transportation Trades is offered over one semester and requires a commitment of four mornings per week on SAIT campuses. Please note, there will be some full days to access programming that takes place at SAIT’s Point Trotter campus.
How to apply
Students interested in youth foundations studies should contact their career practitioner, high school counselor or off-campus coordinator.See details