Technical Support & Resources
Online systems disruption
The following online systems will be unavailable on Sunday, Feb. 24 from 8 am to noon MST.
- registration for continuing education courses and summer camps
- applications (ApplyAlberta)
Access to Brightspace (D2L), email, computer account access and wi-fi will be unaffected.
Technical support — which includes help with computer hardware and software technical problems, email, audio-visual needs and more — is available to everyone at SAIT, whether the problem occurs at your desk or in the classroom.
Submit a technical support request
Need technical support? The primary and preferred method for submitting a technical request is through the HEAT Self-Service system.
Follow the steps below, using your SAIT login credentials and create your self-service ticket.
- To enter your username and password, use the same credentials you use when logging into your computer. If you are a student, the username is your ID without leading zeros and the password by default is your birthdate (YYMMDD).
- Once logged in, click on new issue at the top of the page.
- Enter the appropriate information in the green fields, including a detailed explanation of the issue, room number and computer name if applicable. Please note your user information is already filled out in the ticket.
- If you would like to upload any related attachments, simply click on add an attachment.
- Click submit.
Once the ticket is submitted, it will be assigned to our technical support team within 15 minutes and a member of the team will contact you.
- Please note that this method of contacting the technical support team is only available on campus at this time.
Visit us in person
Visit our technical service desk on campus, located in the Stan Grad Centre.
|MB027, Stan Grad Centre||September - June||Monday - Thursday||7 am - 7 pm|
|Friday||7 am - 5 pm|
|Saturday||8 am - 4 pm|
|July - August||Monday - Friday||7:30 am - 5 pm|
Contact Educational Technology Services
Educational Technology Services (ETS - Brightspace Service Desk) provides technical support and user coaching and training for Brightspace (D2L), Respondus Lockdown Browser and Blackboard Collaborate (formerly known as Elluminate).
Hours of operation
|Monday - Friday||8 am - 4:30 pm|
Have a non-technical request?
For all facility and security service requests, you can refer to our campus Helpline centre.