Library Digest September October 2021
The Library Digest is published bi-monthly and highlights what’s happening and what’s coming up at your Library.
What’s Happening at your Library
- Did you know that you can borrow items like textbooks for your courses , laptops, phone chargers, calculators and more for short term loan at the Information Desk?
- There are a variety of study spaces available at the Library. Most of these spaces are first come first serve, but students can book study spaces for individual or group use. On Level 1, there is a choice of study carrels, tables, and comfortable seating. The lower level of the library (Level 0) is designated for individual quiet study. Both areas have computers that students can use. We have also designated areas around the Library for social distanced studying.
- The Library provides walk up service for research and citation support at the Information Desk or via chat and for more in-depth research and citation support, book an appointment with a library liaison dedicated to your school.
- Our Library FAQ incudes helpful information to assist you with your research and citation questions as well as tip sheets/GIFs which show you how to use some of our more popular resources. We also provide more details about how we’ve adapted to provide COVID-19 safe services in the Library.
- Learn more about the Instruction and Communication team in the September/October “Meet Your Library Staff” blog.
- Our Featured Resource, PrepSTEP, provides you with a comprehensive collection of academic and career-related resources. Brush up basic computer skills, prepare for your math and science tests, practice core English skills, and develop better study and time management skills to help you succeed at SAIT and beyond.
- Check out our New and Notable e-resources which feature back-to-school resources to help you plan and prepare for the upcoming academic year.
Tips from the Pros – Accessing Your Library Account
You must login to your My Library account with your MySAIT credentials.
Once you have signed in, you will be able to:
- See what items you have loaned out and when they are due
- Renew these materials
- Check on items you may have requested through interlibrary loan or placed holds on
- Check to see if you have any fines or outstanding fees
- Learn about possible blocks on your account and read any additional email notifications that may have been sent to you
You can check our guide for more details about logging into your account.
If you have any questions or concerns about your library account or need research assistance, remember you can always drop-in at the Information Desk, but can also contact us via email ( firstname.lastname@example.org), phone us at 403-284-8616 or use our online Chat Reference service.