Health Services Clinic
Get your flu shot on campus at the SAIT Health Clinic
Call to schedule your appointment now.
If you have Alberta Health Care coverage
- Call 587.434.9309 to schedule your flu shot at no cost.
- Bring your Alberta Health Care card and photo ID to your appointment.
- Did you know? If you have Alberta Health Care, you can go to any pharmacy for your flu shot.
If you have out-of-province health care coverage
- Call 403.284.8666 to schedule your flu shot at no cost.
- Bring your provincial health care card and photo ID to your appointment.
If you have no provincial health care coverage
- Call 587.434.9309 to schedule your flu shot. There is a $20 fee for the flu shot, payable by debit or credit card only.
- Bring photo ID to your appointment.
Now accepting new patients and families
Your on-campus medical clinic and family practice providing non-urgent and urgent medical services to students, staff and the community.
Schedule an appointment by phone or in person to see a clinic physician. Walk-in appointments also welcome.
NR041, Senator Burns Building
Hours of operation
|Monday - Friday||8 am - 4:30 pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|
In the event of a medical emergency outside of our clinic hours please call
- 911 or
- Campus Security at 403.284.8000
Who has access
- SAIT students, part-time and full-time
- SAIT faculty members, staff and contract workers
- Students, faculty and staff at ACAD (Alberta College of Art & Design)
- Members of the public
- Treatment of minor illnesses (cold, flu, sore throat)
- First aid for minor injuries
- Routine physical exams
- Referral to specialist and/or other allied health care professionals
- Mental health concerns
- Special parking for persons with disabilities
- Sexual health concerns
- Birth control
- Confidential STI testing
- Pregnancy test
- Wart clinic
- Health education on various topics
- Allergy injections with physician's orders
Dr. Sameena MerchantDr. Sameena Merchant graduated from the University of Western Ontario's medical school and completed her family medicine residency there. She has been at the SAIT clinic since 2006 and brought her family practice here in 2013. Dr. Merchant has a special interest in women's health and mental health.
Dr. Shawna LamondDr. Shawna Lamond graduated and did her family medicine residency at the University of Calgary. A physician at two lactation clinics in the city, she also has an interest in sport medicine.
Dr. Vivian ChengDr. Vivian Cheng graduated from medical school at the University of British Columbia and did her family medicine residency at the University of Calgary. She is new to the SAIT practice and is accepting new family medicine patients at the Health Clinic. She has special interest in the areas of mental health and global health and speaks fluent Mandarin.
Dr. Mia SteinerDr. Mia Steiner graduated from medical school at the University of Calgary and completed her family medicine residency at Queenʼs University. She worked as a locum and walk-in clinic physician in Ontario before returning to Calgary and joining the SAIT Health Clinic. She enjoys working with students and has a special interest in preventive health care.
- A valid health care number is required to see a doctor, otherwise a fee will apply. Out of province health care coverage is accepted, except for Quebec.
- You will be required to complete a health questionnaire at the time of your visit, and before treatment can be provided.
- Appointments with a physician are recommended, however, walk-in appointments are welcomed.
Blood test services are not offered. If blood tests are requisitioned by one of our physicians, you will be referred to Calgary Lab Services. Results will be sent back to us for the physician to review.
All medical records and information are kept confidential. Health care professionals have access to records for treatment purposes only. No medical information will be released to any source without written permission from the patient.