Before you get started, make sure you have the technical requirements to complete your online course in the Brightspace (D2L) learning platform.
Minimum system requirements (Apple Mac OS or MS Windows)
If you plan on taking an online course at SAIT, the minimum technical requirements to do so include:
- a computer (desktop or laptop) purchased in the last three or four years
- a high-speed internet connection
- depending on the age of your computer, 3GB RAM (memory) as a minimum — 4-8GB recommended
- Windows 7 or higher or Mac OS 10.7 or higher (in both cases the latest version is preferred)
- Microsoft Office 2007 or higher
- Web browsers: Microsoft Edge, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome or Safari (in all cases the latest version is preferred.) Using the right browser? Do this quick system check to find out.
Some of our courses may require you to also have a working sound card, speakers/headphones or dual monitors. Any other course-specific software or hardware requirements will be listed in the online course description. We also recommend that you install the latest version of Adobe Flash Player, Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, QuickTime and VLC Media Player (primarily for Macintosh users but may also be used for Windows.)