Technical Mathematics II - MATH 162
Math 162 continues to develop the topics of expressions and equations through an investigation of exponential and logarithmic functions as well as rational expressions and equations. Among other topics, students are also introduced to the concepts of probability, permutations and combinations.
- One of:
- MATH 161
- MATH 181
- Placement Test UPM3 - (Achieving benchmark in Mathematics Placement tests)
- Transcript evaluation TMA2 - (Math 20-1 or equivalent)
- Transcript evaluation TM62 - (Math 20-2 or equivalent)
Choose the term when you’d like to register: fall, winter, spring or summer for credit courses.
Please note registration is a separate step.When you're ready to register click below.
Courses with prerequisites
If your course has a prerequisite, you must submit transcripts demonstrating you meet the requirements.
- Get a SAIT ID.
Before you register, submit your transcripts based on your previous education.
- Transcripts from Alberta: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your SAIT ID number and your Alberta Student Number (ASN) and we’ll order them on your behalf.
- Transcripts from Canada: email a copy of your transcripts to email@example.com and include your SAIT ID number.
- Outside of Canada: email a copy of your educational documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your SAIT ID number for assessment, which will take two to four weeks to complete.
- If you don’t have transcripts, you can take a placement test to determine if you meet the prerequisites for the course.
- You’ll receive an email within three business days about your eligibility to register.