Applied Mathematics II - MATH 172
This course covers Matrices and Pathways, Statistics and Probability, Finance, Cyclic, Recursive and Fractal Patterns, Vectors, and Design. The approach used in this course is primarily data driven, using numerical and geometrical problem-solving techniques. As a way of increasing relevance, students collect data in experiments and activities and develop mathematical concepts from analysis of the data. Algebraic constructs are addressed as a result of activities that students perform or as a result of experiences in which they are engaged.
- MATH 180
- Math 10C or equivalent
- Placement Test UPM 2 - (Achieving benchmark in Mathematics Placement tests)
$499 Domestic students
$1817.06 International students
*Fees subject to change
Courses with prerequisites
If your course has a prerequisite, you must submit transcripts demonstrating you meet the requirements.
- Get a SAIT ID.
Before you register, submit your transcripts based on your previous education.
- Transcripts from Alberta: email firstname.lastname@example.org with your SAIT ID number and your Alberta Student Number (ASN) and we’ll order them on your behalf.
- Transcripts from Canada: email a copy of your transcripts to email@example.com and include your SAIT ID number.
- Outside of Canada: email a copy of your educational documents to firstname.lastname@example.org and include your SAIT ID number for assessment, which will take two to four weeks to complete.
- If you don’t have transcripts, you can take a placement test to determine if you meet the prerequisites for the course.
- You’ll receive an email within three business days about your eligibility to register.