SAIT Update 11.15.2021
Paper copies no longer accepted at controlled entrances
Starting today, paper copies or photos of proof of vaccination or rapid test results will no longer be accepted to access SAIT buildings.
To gain access to campus, you must use an approved SAITALERTQR code or the Alberta government QR code as proof of full vaccination status. Declaration of vaccination status through the SAITALERT app is mandatory for students and employees even if you’re using the Alberta government QR code to access campus buildings or events.
You must also have your SAIT or government-issued picture ID ready to show. Images or screenshots of your ID will not be accepted.
Note: If you don't have a smart phone, you must show a current printed copy of your COVID-19 vaccine QR code and government-issued or SAIT ID. Your QR code will be scanned to confirm your vaccination status.
Supercharge your network
It's more important than ever to be adaptable to new ways of working — including how we network to get hired.
📖 Read: Plug into virtual networking
Online systems outages – Nov. 19 to 22
Online systems will be undergoing maintenance Friday, Nov. 19 through Monday, Nov. 22. Some services will be unavailable during this time, including Apply Alberta, mySAIT and Brightspace.
👉 Learn more about the outages and impacts.
Need tech support? Get it online!
👉 Visit the ServiceNow self-service portal. Sign in with your SAIT email and password.
- Submit and track a technical service request, ask a question or report an issue.
- Find notices and updates on service disruptions and outages.
- Request access to applications, services and software offered by ITS through the Service Catalog.
- Browse the Knowledge Base for helpful tips, tricks, support guides and answers to commonly asked questions.
👉 Email ITS.Support@sait.ca
Tales from the Virtual Edge: XR and the future of construction
Real-time 3D and the creation of digital layers in our physical world are transforming how we envision, engineer, build and operate. Join some of Alberta’s leading voices on extended reality (XR), construction, engineering and workforce training in Calgary's historic Odd Fellows building to explore the reaches of today’s new possibilities and their impact on the construction industry.
Tales from the Virtual Edge:
XR and the future of construction
📅 Thursday, Dec. 2, 9 – 11 am 🎫
Celebrating one year of SAIT’s Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy
Join the Office of Equity, Diversity and Inclusion (EDI) on Tuesday, Nov. 23 to celebrate the first anniversary of SAIT’s EDI Strategy. Learn more about the achievements of the past year and impacts inside and outside the classroom.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Strategy First Anniversary
📅 Tuesday, Nov. 23, 1:30 pm 🎫
Add to your upcoming schedule
- Withdrawal deadline ⏱ | Friday, Nov. 19
- Final exam week | Dec. 13 – 17
- Winter break(SAIT closed) | Dec. 25 – Jan. 2
- Apply to graduate deadline for Winter 2022 conferral| Friday, Dec. 31
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- Virtual Career Conversation: Leveraging LinkedIn| Tuesday, Nov. 16, 11:30 am
- Financial Awareness Series – Post-Secondary Budget| Tuesday, Nov. 16, noon
- Financial Awareness Series – Protect Against Scams| Tuesday, Nov. 16, 4 pm
- Financial Awareness Series – DIY Investing| Wednesday, Nov. 17, noon
- Stress Less Workshop(part one) | Wednesday, Nov. 17, noon
- Stress Less Workshop(online) 🎫 | Wednesday, Nov. 17, 5 pm
- Dirty Bingo| Wednesday, Nov. 17, 5:30 – 7 pm
- Financial Awareness Series – Truth About Credit| Thursday, Nov. 18, noon
- Financial Awareness Series – Investment Journey| Thursday, Nov. 18, noon
- Driving Impact with Social Ventures Webinar🎫 | Thursday, Nov. 18, 7 – 8:30 pm
- Wellness Warrior: Learning Lab🎫 | Tuesday, Nov. 23, 12:05 pm
- Stress Less Workshop(part two) | Wednesday, Nov. 24, noon
- Stress Less Workshop(online) 🎫 | Wednesday, Nov. 24, 5 pm
- Last Person Standing Trivia| Wednesday, Nov. 24, 5:30 pm
Stay up-to-date on SAIT’s COVID-19 regulations at sait.ca/covid19.