SAIT Update 09.20.2021
COVID-19 information and updates
As of Monday, Sept. 20, vaccination verification will be required through the SAITALERT app for students and employees coming to campus. Proof of vaccination will need to be uploaded through the app. If you can’t upload either proof of vaccination or proof of your negative test, carry it with you and be prepared to show it if asked.
👉 Learn more about vaccine verification.
📱 Download the SAITALERT app to complete verification and for emergency updates (turn on push notifications).
Rapid tests on campus
A free rapid testing clinic will be open on campus from Sept. 20 to 24. The clinic will operate out of the Orpheus Theatre in the Campus Centre from 7:30 am to 3 pm. You must book an appointment, no walk-ins.
👉 Learn more about rapid testing and book an appointment.
Extension to Drop/Switch course deadline for Fall 2021
In light of the public health restrictions announced by the Government of Alberta on Wednesday, Sept. 15, the switch/drop course deadline for all Fall 2021 credit courses that began in August or September, has been extended to 4 pm on Friday, Sept. 24. You are encouraged to discuss any potential course changes with your academic chair or program advisor.
👉 Learn more about dropping/switching courses.
📢 On-campus activities resume, vaccination requirements
Improve your intercultural understanding
PERS 148: Introduction to Effective Intercultural Communication is a free six-week facilitated online learning opportunity for students and employees who would like to improve their intercultural understanding and communication skills through developing self-awareness. Several sessions are available from October through June.
Pride at Lunch
Need a lunch buddy? Meet with 2SLGBTQ+ students and allies for Pride at Lunch every Tuesday and Thursday at noon!
- Tuesdays: Register to join us online.
- Thursdays: Drop into MC311, Stan Grad Centre.
Vote in the federal election
The Federal Election is today (Monday, Sept. 20) — remember to cast your vote.
Phishing email — Jobs at SAIT
A phishing message is circulating via email regarding Jobs at SAIT. This is not legitimate and should be deleted right away. If you responded to the message, please contact ITS Support for further instructions and consider changing your password right away.
Boost your digital and professional skills with ADaPT
SAIT's School for Advanced Digital Technology has partnered with Ryerson University’s Diversity Institute to offer their Advanced Digital and Professional Training (ADaPT) program to recent SAIT graduates and SAIT students in their final semester of study. ADaPT participants will receive free training to help boost their digital and professional skills, access career support and learn how to navigate the job market.
👉 Apply: Advanced Digital and Professional Training
⏱ Deadline: Sunday, Oct. 10
📅 ADaPT Info Session | Wednesday, Sept. 22, noon
Add to your upcoming schedule
There's a lot coming up for Fall 2021, here are some highlights to add to your calendar now, plus all the events on deck for September. Registration is needed for events with a 🎫, now's the time.
Important dates 📌
- Drop/switch deadline extended for most full-time programs ⏱ | Friday, Sept. 24
- Saitsa Health and Dental Benefits plan change deadline for programs starting September ⏱ | Friday, Sept. 24
- Thanksgiving Day (SAIT closed) | Monday, Oct. 11
- Fall 2021 conferral | Friday, Oct. 22
- Fall convocation | Tuesday, Nov. 9
- Remembrance Day (SAIT closed) | Thursday, Nov. 11
- Withdrawal deadline ⏱ | Friday, Nov. 19
- Final exam week | Dec. 13 – 17
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- Improving sentence structure 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 21, 4 pm
- ADaPT Info Session | Wednesday, Sept. 22, noon
- Get what you need from what you read 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 22, noon
- Coming together again workshop | Thursday, Sept. 23, 5 pm
- Introduction to Back on Track (academic probation) | Friday, Sept. 24, 1 pm
- Coherency and flow 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 28, 4 pm
- Take better notes 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 29, noon
Find all the upcoming events on the sait.ca event calendar.
A safe community is a vaccinated one. Do your part and get the vaccine. Stay up-to-date on SAIT’s COVID-19 regulations at sait.ca/covid19.