Access advisors who can assist you with program and funding applications, locating housing and more.
Meet with program and career counsellors to get assistance with career and program planning.
- Develop successful learning strategies to prepare you to succeed in your studies.
- Access computers, quiet and group study space, and a place for you to connect with your peers.
- Meet with Elders for cultural and spiritual advising and ceremonial smudging.
- Networking events provide you with an opportunity to meet with prospective employers.
- Events and programming provide you with an opportunity to celebrate Indigenous heritage, diverse culture and achievements.
As a place of learning Chinook Lodge welcomes the entire SAIT community to come learn about First Nations, Metis and Inuit histories and cultures.
Contact us to inquire about advising, support and events.
Chinook Lodge organizes visits by tribal elders who are available for personal consultations or class presentations. Contact us to make an appointment.
Supporting student success
We pride ourselves on our commitment to the success of our Inuit, Metis, and First Nations students.
Programs, resources and services for student success are offered through our Chinook Lodge Aboriginal Resource Centre.
SAIT promotes understanding - not only of the culture and values of Indigenous peoples, but of all peoples - and provides the opportunity to meet, engage, and learn together as one diverse community.
Our supporting partners
Chinook Lodge is supported in its efforts to serve SAIT Indigenous students by a wide variety of organizations and companies.
These public and private sector partnerships make it possible for us to provide services, offer scholarships and bursaries, facilitate Indigenous student employment, and organize special events and activities. We are truly grateful for the ongoing support of our sponsors and partners.
A thank you to our founding corporate sponsor, TransCanada.
Chinook Lodge Resource Centre is affiliated with a growing number of internal and external organizations:
- Aboriginal Futures
- Blackstar Industry Trade Training
- Blood Tribe
- First Nation Employment and Training
- Indian Resource Council
- Inukshuk Consulting Group
- Lakeland Human Resource Centre
- Little Red River Cree First Nation
- Louis Bull Band
- Maskwachees Cultural College
- Métis Nation Zone II
- Métis Nation Zone III
- Montana Band
- Oteenow Employment and Training Society
- Peigan Nation
- Samson Cree Nation
- Siksika Nation
- Stony First Nation
- Sunchild First Nation
- Tsuut’ina Nation
- RBC Royal Bank
- Finning (Canada)
- Suncor Energy Foundation
- TD Insurance
Hours of operation
|Virtual days||On-campus days||Times|
|Monday - Friday||Tuesday-Thursday||8 am - 4:30 pm|