Strategic plan 2020 - 2025
Today's global economy demands individuals and industry compete with others from around the world.
Global partnerships expand our reach and reputation, while a global campus provides all students with opportunities to develop the cross-cultural awareness they need to be successful. International enrolment brings talent, ideas and substantial economic, academic and social value to SAIT and our community.
Our goal for the next five years — and beyond — is to enhance global perspectives at SAIT, and about SAIT, through experiences, relationships and recognition.
BRINGING THE WORLD TO SAIT AND SAIT TO THE WORLD. HERE'S HOW.
Build talent that brings global perspective and experience:
- increase access to international experiences for students and employees — work-integrated learning, study abroad, on-campus programming, international exchanges
- attract more international students to SAIT to build talent for Alberta
- increase SAIT's international development footprint
- expand global partnerships with industry and other post-secondary institutions to attract global resources — people, funding, exchanges and ideas
Increase brand awareness of the value of SAIT's model of education:
- showcase the competitive advantages, success stories and community impact of applied education through storytelling
- promote the value of a SAIT credential as a pathway to successful careers and global citizenship
"We need to continue to adapt as the economy and environment around us changes."
Student Advisor, Office of the Registrar
Make our programs globally competitive:
- identify relevant measures of global recognition. Promote existing SAIT's programs and develop new programs to grow our global position
- implement best practices in recruitment, advising, teaching and support of international students
We equip students with essential skills for career success.
We enable lifetime career success by providing relevant, customized education.
We enhance the global competitiveness of our students and region.
We blur the lines between industry and SAIT to strengthen the economy.
People ▪ Culture ▪ Growth
Collaboration, creativity, leadership development — our commitment to excellence is integral to supporting our focus.