Important notice regarding COVID-19: please read before registering for a program or class Details
How to Apply
Do you meet the admission requirements?
All full-time programs have specific admission requirements that you must meet in order to qualify for admission. In addition, all applicants must demonstrate English Language Proficiency, including students educated in Canada.
In addition to the minimum admission requirements, some programs may include a competitive average in their selection process. This means applicants must meet or exceed the competitive average to be considered for admission. Applicants who meet the minimum admission requirements but do not meet the competitive average will be declined from selection. The timeline and the course percentage(s) required for the competitive average are listed on the program's admission and selection page, if applicable,
Some programs offer early admission to applicants who have achieved or will achieve, higher grades in specific admission requirements. The timeline and the course percentages(s) required for early admission are listed on the program's admission and selection page, if applicable.
To determine program suitability, some programs require supplementary documentation or additional information to be submitted after you apply. This could include a career investigation, mechanical aptitude test, resumé, essay, interview, etc. Certain programs will also use academic ranking as part of the selection process.
View our How to Apply Checklist
The steps you go through when applying to SAIT depend on a number of factors. Our interactive checklist tool will help make the application process clear, simple and straightforward while also offering you the information you may not have thought about previously.
Let our checklist keep you on track so that you don't forget important dates and information during the application process.
Programs tend to fill up quickly, due to this we recommend that students apply well in advance. The majority of our programs will start on the date(s) listed below with some exceptions — if your program starts on a different date, your tuition payment deadline will be four weeks before the start of classes.
|Intake||Applications open||Domestic Applications Close||International Applications Close|
|Winter 2021 (Jan. - April)||March 30, 2020||Program start date*||Program start date|
|Spring 2021||Oct. 7, 2020||Program start date*||Program start date|
|Summer 2021||Oct. 7, 2020||Program start date*||Program start date|
|Fall 2021||Oct. 7, 2020||Program start date*||Program start date|
* Applications for most programs are accepted until the start of classes but subject to change.
- You may apply to more than one program but a separate application and fee are required for each.
- If your application is on a waitlist for the September intake, you may request to transfer it to the January or May intake of the same academic year, submit a ticket to Freshdesk to inquire.
- Applications for most full-time programs are accepted until the program start date, but it is best to apply early as some programs close applications beforehand and many programs offer early admission and/or continuous selection.
- It is the student's responsibility to ensure SAIT has updated contact information. Failure to respond to communications can result in the application being cancelled.
How to apply
When you are ready to start your application, you will be directed to ApplyAlberta to create a secure account. Make sure to keep track of your login information as you will need it when you go to apply for an Alberta Student Loan. There are no on-site facilities available at SAIT for you to submit your online application.
When you're completing the application, you will be asked to choose the term — fall, winter, or spring — when your program begins. You can find this information in the admission selection section for each program.
- You will need a Visa or Mastercard to pay the $120 online application fee ($150 for international applicants).
- A hard-copy application is available — the application fee is $175.
- Application fees are non-refundable.
Send us your transcripts
You will need to provide us with official transcripts of all high school and post-secondary education you have completed to date. Transcripts or anticipated final grades must be presented to the Office of the Registrar before you will be considered for admission.
If your transcripts are from Alberta, another province, or outside of Canada, learn how to submit your transcripts or documents.
If you are an apprentice do not apply online through SAIT/ApplyAlberta, visit Trade Secrets for information about becoming a registered apprentice. Once you are eligible through the apprenticeship board, you can register for apprenticeship training at SAIT.
Are you enrolled in high school or upgrading courses?
You are able to enter your academic information, including grades to-date, in the online application. If you haven't completed a course yet, enter your anticipated final mark instead. This information will be used for admission until we receive your final transcript.
If you are offered conditional admission to a program based on your anticipated final grades, make sure that:
- your academic average remains at or above the minimum selection or early admission average for the program applied for; and,
- all required courses are successfully completed; and,
- all graduation requirements are satisfied.
If you did not enter your anticipated final grades when you applied, you can complete an Anticipated Final Grades form.
Please make sure we receive your final and official transcript by the Transcript Deadline. Applicants must meet or exceed their anticipated final grades in order to maintain a seat in the program.
Check your admission status
As your application is reviewed, you will be able to monitor any changes to your admission status through your mySAIT account.
Simply log into mySAIT, click on the myApplication tab, and then select "Check the status of your processed application(s)".