Student and Industry Mentorship Program
The School of Business offers a student-to-industry mentorship program, which places selected students into mentoring relationships with industry professionals to enhance personal and professional development.
How it works
Participating students are selected through a competitive internal application process and matched to a mentor based on areas of mutual interest and goal orientation. Training will be provided to mentors and mentees in early January and our student-mentor pairs will meet for the first time at a kick-off event.
All participants are asked to commit to one meeting per month from January to August.
Apply to become a mentee
Benefits of being a selected student for this mentorship program:
- Begin establishing a professional network and understanding your industry
- Enjoy a safe environment to reflect, learn and share challenges
- Opportunity for personal growth and achievement of goals
- Gain knowledge about different career paths and work histories of those in the industry
- Receive critical feedback in key areas related to professional skills, career progression and leadership
- Develop a sharper focus on what is needed to grow professionally and advance your career
Apply to become a mentor
Benefits of being an industry professional mentor:
- Improve leadership and professional skills
- Meet and network with valuable contacts within the post-secondary world
- Opportunity to share career experience and impart knowledge
- Reflect on personal development and growth
- Personal satisfaction in seeing others develop and succeed
If you are interested in being a mentor, please email Joey Post at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.