Leverage your expertise and jump into a career leading and executing applied machine learning.
This unique 12-week day-time applied program is designed to empower mid-career professionals looking to upskill or make a career change. It’s a program for individuals with a growth mindset looking to acquire the necessary essential and technical skills in machine learning.
Open pathways in your career in virtually every area of business – from healthcare to education, to manufacturing. You will walk away with an understanding of how to use machine learning and artificial intelligence to solve problems, leverage opportunities and be able to build a basic AI scenario. You will learn how to use design-thinking to critically think through problems and opportunities and will learn how to work collaboratively to understand the problems machine learning can solve. We’ll also support you in building your professional network in ML/AI.
Powered by the DX Talent Hub, this 12-week program will give you the technical skills needed to tackle challenging problems with AI. Delivered in partnership with InceptionU and Braintoy, you will learn:
- Data (mining, analytics, manipulation, etc.)
- Supervised and unsupervised learning
- Algorithms (Neural Networks, SVM, XGboost, etc)
- Deep learning
- Development (Python) and more.
- Critical thinking
- Computational thinking
- Systems thinking
- Problem setting and solving
- Executive functioning and cognitive skills
- Data storytelling and communication.
- Working on projects in an agile way
- Collaboration, networking, communication, and presentation skills
- Ability to define and execute a machine learning project that supports business priorities.
Certificate of achievement
Graduates will receive a SAIT School for Advanced Digital Technology certificate of achievement.
Disruptors don’t set out to beat you at your own game — they change the rules.
As with all DX Talent Hub programs, the Digital Transformation Bootcamp – Applied Machine Learning has been developed by working closely with industry and education partners. We are proud to deliver the Applied Machine Learning program in partnership with InceptionU and Braintoy.
Doubling down on data
It’s no coincidence that some of the world’s largest companies have one thing in common: an abundance of data.
Successful applicants will demonstrate the following:
- Some post-secondary education
- Minimum of three years of career experience
- Digitally literate, comfortable with technology
- Ability to manipulate data in spreadsheets
- Understand basic statistics
- Proof of English proficiency
You are open to:
- Change and learning
- Have an interest in the Artificial Machine Learning Process
Submit your application
We’re here to help you from the start! A DX Talent and Career Specialist will work with you to identify the right program and help you through the enrolment process. To begin, connect with us, and an advisor will contact you within the next business day. The application deadline for this bootcamp is September 12, 2021.
Admission will be extended on a first-qualified, first-offered basis until the program is full.
This is a 12-week day-time program:
- Participants can expect up to 30 hours of project work each week.
- Project work times may vary, week to week and attendee to attendee.
- Alberta residents, and full-time, day-time delivery. Students have to be available for the courses at their scheduled time.
- Awareness of potential roles and opportunities after completing this program and additional skills needed to pursue other complementary/specialized roles.
- Strategies and tactics to search for and connect with relevant employment opportunities.
- Resume writing, interviewing, and personal branding
- Creation of a personal portfolio of work demonstrating skills in program competencies.
- Networking (guest speakers, panel discussions, industry events, industry projects)
Together we'll explore
- We will work with you to help you understand your strengths and areas for growth.
- This program will be a combination of online instructor-led learning and self-directed learning.
- You will work on real industry projects and have exposure to a variety of experts working in machine learning and artificial intelligence.
- Project-based learning takes you from the brainstorming phase of a business idea to the identification of the right data and the execution and evaluation of the right model.
Your course facilitator will direct you to any materials needed to support your work through this course.