Work Placements – Information for Prospective Employers
- Who to contact
- The opportunity
- The benefits
- The candidates
- Work experience availability
- The process
- The expectation
Work Experience Coordinator
Energy Learning and Professional Development
MacPhail School of Energy
1301 - 16 Avenue NW
Room KA 430-4, Johnson-Cobbe Energy Centre
Calgary, AB T2M 0L4
As an employer in the Energy Industry, you require enthusiastic, dedicated individuals who are well versed in the business side of the energy industry. SAIT's Energy Asset Management students and new grads have been trained in JV, Mineral and Surface Land, Operations Accounting and Well Asset Management. You are seeking a student or recent grad who already has practical, hands-on experience and can hit the ground running.
It's a tall order but our students and grads are up to the challenge.
We offer a variety of different Work Experience opportunities:
- Full-time for 1 - 4 weeks, unpaid
- Part-time, once a week for 4 - 8 months (semester based), unpaid
- Full-time for 2 - 4 months, paid
The Energy Asset Management Work Experience Program offers you:
- Access to motivated, skilled and productive candidates.
- An opportunity to effectively evaluate potential permanent employees.
- Savings on recruitment costs and improved retention, with an appropriate employment match.
Energy Asset Management students are well equipped to be an immediate contributor to your organization. SAIT students benefit from a quality curriculum delivered by leading instructors that features a balance of theory and hands-on practice.
|Type of placement||Availability|
|2 - 4 months paid work experience||May - August|
|4 - 8 months job shadow, once per week||September - May|
|1 - 4 week job shadow||Fall, Winter, Spring break
(dates will vary each year)
May - August
- Submit your work experience posting(s) to email@example.com. We will post the position(s), collect resumes of qualified candidates and forward to you.
- Select the candidates you wish to interview. We will arrange interview times that work for you and the student. Interviews may be at your office or on campus at SAIT.
- Choose the candidate that best meets your needs. We will inform the candidate of their selection.
- Submit an offer letter.
We ask that you:
- Ensure the student receives broad exposure to your business.
- Challenge the student to perform tasks in line with their education. Encourage and guide the student to explore new areas of the energy industry.
- Sign an agreement outlining the above-metioned responsibilities.
- Complete a brief Employer Work Experience Evaluation report at the end of the term.