Dr. Azzeddine Oudjehane
Dr. Oudjehane joined SAIT in 2012 to teach in the Bachelor of Science in Construction Project Management and develop applied and scholarly research opportunities that meet the needs of Alberta's construction industry.
With over 20 years experience leading multi-disciplinary projects in R&D, business innovation and, market development and performance evaluation, Dr. Oudjehane works with various stakeholders from government and industry. He holds a PhD in Materials Science Engineering from Blaise Pascal University in France and a graduate diploma in Business Administration from Simon Fraser University.
With over 50 publications and presentations at international conferences, Dr. Oudjehane serves in various journal review committees and has chaired sessions at conferences. In 2014 he was elected to the Board of Directors of the Alberta Chapter of CaGBC - Canada Green Building Council. As the Director of the Green School Initiative for the Alberta Chapter, he is the Char of the first Green School Summit to be held in Canada in 2015. In recent presentations and keynotes, he spoke on sustainability, value management and innovation in construction project management.
For a full list of courses in the Bachelor of Science in Construction Project Management program, click here.
Courses taught at SAIT:
- Structural Analysis
- Design and Building Structures
- Soil Mechanics and Foundation
- Total Building Performances
- Scope and Design Management
- Building structures (online)
- Environmental and Emerging Building Fundamentals (online)
Applied research projects (principal investigator and student advisor):
- Investigating the management of construction waste from demolition and renovation projects in Calgary
- Interdisciplinary applied research in areas bridging construction, project management, sustainability, and energy efficiency
- Life cycle analysis in construction project management
- Wood and engineered wood products for non-residential construction
- Green building materials from processing to the construction site
- BIM for green and sustainable construction projects
- Deconstruction and reusability of building materials
- Eco-efficiency and productivity strategies in construction project management
- Performance evaluation and value engineering in construction project management
Publications and presentations:
View a full list of publications and presentations.