SAIT Update 09.13.2021
📷 @danny_crmz: Orientation week at @sait. So excited to finally be on campus 😊
Tag your 📷 with # HereAtSAIT for a chance to be featured.
SAIT closure Sept. 30 — National Day for Truth and Reconciliation and Orange Shirt Day
SAIT has made the decision to close Thursday, Sept. 30 to observe National Day for Truth and Reconciliation. SAIT will livestream an Orange Shirt Day event from campus to fully recognize the important process of reconciliation and we encourage everyone to take part.
📅 Orange Shirt Day event 🎫 | Thursday, Sept. 30, 11:30 am – 1 pm
COVID-19 Vaccination Verification and Rapid Testing Program
In addition to a mask requirement on campus, SAIT is finalizing a plan to introduce a mandatory COVID-19 Vaccination Verification and Rapid Testing Program this fall. Under the new program, if you’re coming to campus, you will be required to complete a Vaccine Verification Status assessment through the SAITALERT app declaring you are fully vaccinated or you will be subject to periodic rapid testing. The program is expected to launch mid-late September.
How to Change the World is coming to SAIT!
SAIT and the School for Advanced Digital Technology are partnering with How to Change the World to offer students a unique experiential learning and professional development opportunity at no cost. This is a chance for you to tackle real-world sustainability and innovation challenges using the framework of the UN Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
You'll be supported by a world-class global teaching team, and receive guidance from a diverse range of sustainability and innovation experts and local stakeholders from around the world.
⏱ Deadline: Sunday, Sept. 26 (first round)
If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to get in touch at email@example.com.
Vote in the federal election
The Federal Election is on Monday, Sept. 20 — learn how to cast your vote.
SAIT is a smoke-free campus
While you don’t have to quit smoking, you may be wondering how you’ll adjust. Don’t panic. Here are five tips to help you get through the day.
Apply for student awards
Through the generous support of our donors, SAIT is proud to offer over $5 million in awards to students in almost every program. Awards are available to all qualifying SAIT students in recognition of academic success, financial need, community involvement and other areas of success and support.
📺 Watch: How to apply for awards
📅 SAIT Student Awards Tutorial
Add to your upcoming schedule
There's a lot coming up for Fall 2021, here are some highlights to add to your calendar now, plus all the events on deck for September. Registration is needed for events with a 🎫, now's the time.
Important dates 📌
- Recognition of prior learning deadline ⏱ | Friday, Sept. 17
- Add/drop ends for most full-time programs ⏱ | Friday, Sept. 17
- Saitsa Health and Dental Benefits plan change deadline for programs starting September ⏱ | Friday, Sept. 24
- Thanksgiving Day (SAIT closed) | Monday, Oct. 11
- Fall 2021 conferral | Friday, Oct. 22
- Fall convocation | Tuesday, Nov. 9
- Remembrance Day (SAIT closed) | Thursday, Nov. 11
- Withdrawal deadline ⏱ | Friday, Nov. 19
- Final exam week | Dec. 13 – 17
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 14, 1 pm
- Anti-procrastination for papers 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 14, 4 pm
- Coming together again workshop | Wednesday, Sept. 15, noon
- Master time management 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 15, noon
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 15, 5 pm
- Introduction to Back on Track (academic probation) | Thursday, Sept. 16, noon
- Coming together again workshop | Thursday, Sept. 16, 5 pm
- Improving sentence structure 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 21, 4 pm
- Get what you need from what you read 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 22, noon
- Coming together again workshop | Thursday, Sept. 23, 5 pm
- Introduction to Back on Track (academic probation) | Friday, Sept. 24, 1 pm
- Coherency and flow 🎫 | Tuesday, Sept. 28, 4 pm
- Take better notes 🎫 | Wednesday, Sept. 29, noon
Find all the upcoming events on the sait.ca event calendar.
A safe community is a vaccinated one. Do your part and get the vaccine. Stay up-to-date on SAIT’s COVID-19 regulations at sait.ca/covid19.