SAIT Update 11.01.2021
Discover Diwali, the Hindu festival of lights
Celebrated worldwide by millions of Hindus, Sikhs and Jains, Diwali is a celebration to mark the start of the Hindu New Year and the triumph of good over evil. Check out ways to recognize and celebrate Diwali #HereAtSAIT from Nov. 1 to 5.
✨ Brighten up your Microsoft Teams and Zoom meetings with a Diwali virtual background.
✨ Pop into The Odyssey or The Gateway from Nov. 1 to 5 for some Diwali themed food! (Samosas at The Odyssey, Samosa Soup at The Gateway)
✨ Attend the Interfaith Interface on Friday, Nov. 5 to chat about Diwali and the traditions of those who celebrate it.
As of Monday, Nov. 15, paper copies or photos of proof of vaccination or rapid test results will no longer be accepted to access SAIT buildings through a controlled entrance. To gain access you must use the Alberta Government QR code or an approved SAITALERT QR code.
To obtain an approved SAITALERT QR code, proof of full vaccination status or a negative rapid test result must be uploaded into the SAITALERT app.
You must also have your SAIT eCard or government-issued photo ID ready to show. Images or screenshots of your ID will not be accepted.
Reminder: Beginning Jan. 1, 2022, SAIT will require its community members to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 to access campus. On that date, rapid testing will no longer be accepted as an alternative to full vaccination, except as part of a previously-approved accommodation.
What’s course withdrawal and why would you do it?
Your commitments may require you to make changes to your course load partway through the semester, plus find resources at SAIT that can help you succeed.
Be a Wellness Warrior
Access funding to promote student mental health and well-being at SAIT. If you have an idea to promote mental health awareness, create a more inclusive campus or reduce stigmas surrounding mental health concerns — we can help with the money.
📅 Wellness Warrior: Learning Lab
Add to your upcoming schedule
- Fall convocation | Tuesday, Nov. 9
- Remembrance Day (SAIT closed) | Thursday, Nov. 11
- Withdrawal deadline ⏱ | Friday, Nov. 19
- Final exam week | Dec. 13 – 17
- Winter break (SAIT closed) | Dec. 25 – Jan. 2
- Apply to graduate deadline for Winter 2022 conferral | Friday, Dec. 31
Find all the important dates on sait.ca.
- Wellness Warrior: Learning Lab 🎫 | Wednesday, Nov. 3, 1:05 pm
- Pride at Lunch | Thursday, Nov. 4, noon
- Virtual Paint Night | Thursday, Nov. 4, 5 – 7 pm
- Interfaith Interface: Diwali Edition | Friday, Nov. 5, 11 am
- Fall 2021 Convocation 🎫 | Tuesday, Nov. 9, 1 pm
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Tuesday, Nov. 9, 1 pm
- Bingo | Tuesday, Nov. 9, 5:30 – 7 pm
- Natural Light Workshop | Wednesday, Nov. 10, noon
- Rock your midterm recovery | Wednesday, Nov. 10, noon
- SAIT Student Awards Tutorial 🎫 | Wednesday, Nov. 10, 5 pm
- Harry Potter Trivia | Wednesday, Nov. 10, 5:30 – 7 pm
- How to Change the World (Workshops 1 and 2) 🎫 | Nov. 12 and 13, 9 am – 12:30 pm
- Virtual Career Conversation: Leveraging LinkedIn | Tuesday, Nov. 16, 11:30 am
- Stress Less Workshop (part one) | Wednesday, Nov. 17, noon
- Stress Less Workshop (online) 🎫 | Wednesday, Nov. 17, 5 pm
- Dirty Bingo | Wednesday, Nov. 17, 5:30 – 7 pm
- Pride at Lunch | Thursday, Nov. 18, noon
- Wellness Warrior: Learning Lab 🎫 | Tuesday, Nov. 23, 12:05 pm
- Stress Less Workshop (part two) | Wednesday, Nov. 24, noon
- Stress Less Workshop (online) 🎫 | Wednesday, Nov. 24, 5 pm
- Last Person Standing Trivia | Wednesday, Nov. 24, 5:30 pm
- Pride at Lunch | Thursday, Nov. 25, noon
Stay up-to-date on SAIT’s COVID-19 regulations at sait.ca/covid19.