SAIT Update | 11.25.2019
Nominations for the 2020 President’s Awards now open
Each year, SAIT President and CEO, Dr. David Ross proudly recognizes students through two awards — the President’s Student Leadership Award and the President’s Medal.
Past winners include:
- President's Student Leadership Award 2019 — The Enactus student club was recognized for using the power of entrepreneurial action to further human progress and change lives.
- President's Medal 2019 — Sarah Land (BA ‘19) received the medal for her devotion to enriching the campus experience and academic life of her fellow students. In her acceptance speech, she said, “At this institution, I have been able to achieve personal growth far beyond what I could have ever expected.”
- President's Student Leadership Award 2018 — The SAIT Great Northern Concrete Toboggan Race Team received the award after an incredible year that saw them win the top prize at the race, besting 22 other post-secondary teams from across Canada.
🎖 Nominate a student or student group by Friday, Dec. 13.
7 ways to win at winter
Winter’s here — the days are shorter, the temperature’s dropping, we’ve already seen some snow and people are digging out their winter gear. We asked the #SAIT community for tips on how to make winter awesome — here’s what they said. ❄️
Enhance your calm at the new Student Zen Den
Take a seat, grab a stash of play dough and let the calm wash over you. Located on the third floor of the Stan Grad Centre, MB328, the Zen Den is a quiet space for students to take a breath and de-stress. Get the Zen Den basics and drop by.
Thanks to our unique buildings, the Calgary Police Service often uses SAIT as a training ground for specialized exercises. On Friday, Nov. 29, the tactical unit will be training and rappelling off the side of the Senator Burns building. If you have any questions or concerns, please contact Campus Security at 403.284.8000.
Important dates and deadlines
- Dec. 9 to 13 Final exam week
- Friday Dec. 13 President's Awards nomination deadline
- Friday, Dec. 13 End of Fall 2019
- Dec. 25 to 31 Winter break (SAIT is closed)
Find more important dates for the academic year.
- Math and Science Tutoring Hub
- Manage your cravings workshop
- Success Seminar: Improve Your Memory
- Online systems outage