7 simple ways to get involved at SAIT
Join in - it's your campus community
It's week five of your First8 at SAIT. Classes found. Instructors met. Homework, yeah. Now, it's time to get involved on campus. Join your community — volunteer, go to a game, join a club, grab a bite and meet new people.
First8 is packed with ways for you to get out there - try one, and don't forget to bring a friend.
There are more than 60 student clubs on campus. No matter what you're looking for, you'll find one for you — or you can always start your own.
Head to the Clubs Expo on Tuesday, Sept. 25 to discover many of the student clubs SAITSA offers.
- Join the campaign! The Dungeons and Dragons Club has more than 40 weekly players traversing the multiverse.
- Whether you're exploring the mountains of Skyrim, dominating the hard courts of NBA 2K18 or chasing that victory royale, check out the Competitive Gaming Club or the Anime and Gaming Club.
- Buzz on over to the SAIT Beekeeping Club and join this busy niche interest group.
- Buggies and sleds, roll out! The SAIT Baja Racing and Great Northern Concrete Toboggan Race clubs are your chance to design, build and race for the win.
Jobs and volunteer opportunities
Visit the SAITSA website for current job postings and/or to volunteer with a variety of student programs, including Campus Safewalk, The Weal and the Mental Wellness and Health Awareness Team (Mental WHAT).
You can also get involved as a student experience volunteer and help out at some major SAIT events throughout the year.
Stay up-to-date with everything happening on campus
- Subscribe to the event calendar on sait.ca - filter the events for current students to see it all.
- Watch your inbox for reminders of news, events and deadlines - Monday is the SAIT Update and Wednesday is the SAITSA Bulletin.
- Check the SAITSA event calendar for concerts, Wingo, Craft N Coffee and more.
Trojans extramural teams
Join our extramural teams — rugby, squash, cricket, women's fastball, curling, badminton and futsal. These semi-competitive teams play against other post-secondary institutions in the area.
Have your voice heard and win all year long!
Join the SAIT Insights Research Community for the chance to win prizes by providing opinions on various topics related to SAIT through short monthly surveys. Community members may also be invited to participate in photo shoots and focus groups.
Join by Sunday, Sept. 30 and you will be entered to win one of five $200 gift cards to Chinook Centre or Market Mall.
For the record... your Co-Curricular Record
Your SAIT experience amounts to more than just grades — it's built on everything you do while you're a student. A Co-Curricular Record helps you track, reflect on and showcase the skills you gain outside the classroom — and it's a great way to get involved on campus. There are more than 100 activities currently listed on My Career Hub. Here are just a few examples:
- FIRST Robotics mentor
- Electrical tutor
- SAITSA Campus Life Committee
- Python Programming Club
- Skills competitor
Expand your SAIT community - go global
Boost your cultural awareness and build your career skills beyond borders. Study Abroad through an exchange, field school trip, study tour, internship or community-focused project.
Stop in to our Study Abroad Open Office this Wednesday, Sept. 26.
Advice from #SAIT students
“Go support the Trojans!!!”
“Participate in events and clubs around campus! It’s good to make connections.”
“Attend networking events! I landed a job in my field during second semester going to one.”
“Enjoy your time at SAIT, get involved in activities on campus, and most of all don’t let everything overwhelm you.”
“Make the best of your time at SAIT, make new friends and try to do something out of your comfort zone.”