Welcome to SAIT. You've just joined a global leader in applied education — and we're so excited to have you join the team.
New hire forms and resources
First day forms and administration.
As a part of your onboarding, you will be asked to complete a new hire package online. The following forms and resources will assist you in completing this step.
- TD1 2022 Personal tax credits return
- TD1 AB 2022 Alberta personal tax credits return
- Beneficiary nomination form - Manulife
- Optional Life Insurance - $20,000 non-evidence
- Optional Critical Illness - $50,000 non-evidence
Pension and benefits
Eligible salaried employees will be enrolled in the Local Authorities Pension Plan (LAPP).
All employees are welcome to participate in group savings plans – RRSPs and TFSAs – through our partnership with Canada Life, and the list of investment funds and application forms are below.
As part of the new hire package, you will also have an opportunity to upload additional documents such as education credentials, certifications etc.
If you have any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Before your first day
Take a virtual tour and read up on employee benefits, perks and unique outlets.
AT SAIT you get to experience state-of-the-art facilities, the best view of downtown Calgary, and within walking distance to countless destinations — such as Kensington.
Learn more about our organization— from our academic schools, campus details, to our purpose and story.
Satisfy your hunger at one of SAIT's many on-campus eateries.
In need of a campus escape? Head downtown to our Culinary Campus or The Tastemarket by SAIT for a delicious experience.
Transition smoothly and successfully into your new role at SAIT with the help of a fellow employee. Take an early look at our Buddy System that will connect you with colleagues, resources and get you the support you need to do your work. Check out the buddy system checklist — your buddy and supervisor will guide you through it when you start.
Whether you drive, bike or take transit to work, getting to SAIT is easy.
Familiarize yourself with our campus map so you know where to go when you arrive.
Resources when you start
What you need to know in and around campus.
SAIT offers a number of resources dedicated to your health and safety:
- Our on-campus medical clinic and family practice provides non-urgent and urgent care.
- Safewalk is a free, volunteer-based service dedicated to ensuring the safety of all SAIT employees, students, and visitors when travelling on or near SAIT's main campus.
- Campus Security offers a number of essential services, helping to create a safe and secure environment.
In support of health and safety regulations due to COVID-19, and for the ongoing overall well-being of our community, SAIT is a smoke-free campus, effective Monday, Aug. 31, 2020.
Smoking and Use of Tobacco Products policy and procedure, HS.1.4 and HS.1.4.1. If you're coming to campus, please note you can no longer smoke anywhere, on any campus. If you do leave to smoke, you may not be allowed back into campus buildings due to health guidelines.
For computer, phone and audio/visual issues, please contact the ITS Service Desk:
- Visit the ServiceNow self-service portal.
- Prefer to email? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Need immediate classroom or meeting technical support? Call 403.774.5200.
Learn how benefits and agreements vary by employee group.
Alberta Union of Provincial Employees (AUPE)
Salary Grids (AUPE)
- AUPE Salary Grid - Schedule A
- AUPE Salary Grid - Schedule A, Effective April 1, 2023
- AUPE Salary Grid - Schedule B
- AUPE Salary Grid - Schedule B, Effective April 1, 2023
- AUPE Salary Grid - Schedule C
- Please note, AUPE Salary Grid - Schedule C, Effective April 1, 2023 is included in AUPE Salary Grid - Schedule A, Effective April 1, 2023