Canada Alberta Job Grant
The Canada-Alberta Job Grant (CAJG) is a great way for employers to support and invest in their employees with training that meets current or future skill requirements.
Save up to two-thirds of tuition costs
The CAJG is employer-driven which means employers decide what training is required and make the application for funding on behalf of employees.
Employers can get up to two-thirds of training costs reimbursed to a maximum of $10,000 per trainee. Eligible training costs include: tuition fees, mandatory student fees, textbooks, software and other required materials, and exam fees.
For training to be eligible for CAJG funding, it must:
- be at least 21 hours in length and delivered by a third-party trainer (like SAIT)
- be incremental in that it does not replace prior training investments or regular operational training
- be completed within 52 weeks of training program start date
- result in some sort of credential (record of completion, certificate, grade, etc.)
- start within six months after receiving approval.
The location, method of delivery and structure of the eligible training is flexible. Training can be delivered online, on site or in a classroom. It may be undertaken on either a part-time or full-time basis. Check out Canada Alberta Job Grant for complete details.
SAIT offers an extensive selection of in-demand training programs and courses eligible for CAJG funding. We also provide group training options of organizations. See a complete list of our offerings or use the listing below to view your options by academic school.
Programs eligible for Canada-Alberta Job Grant
We can help
We can help recommend skill-based training and assist with the CAJG application submission.
- Employees can use this request-for-training letter template.
- Contact us at 403.284.7246, 1.877.284.7248 (toll free) or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For group training, contact 403.210.5757, 1.866.884.7117 (toll free), or email@example.com.
- Subscribe to receive updates on SAIT and the CAJG.