30 Years of Alumni Awards
In 1988, SAIT awarded the first Distinguished Alumni Award to Art Dixon (WIRE '42) for his contributions to business and the community. Thirty years later, graduates are still being honoured for their outstanding achievements and their impact on SAIT and the communities where they live and work. In 2009 the Outstanding Young Alumni Award was added to recognize alumni who were excelling in their careers just 10 years after graduating. Today, as we launch into SAIT's second century, we are looking for the next group of bright, forward-thinking SAIT graduates to represent the best of our alumni family.
Nominations for the 2017 Alumni Awards are now closed!
The selection committee is currently reviewing all the submissions. The 2017 recipients and their nominators will be notified in June and a formal announcement will be made at a reception in the fall. Thank you to all who submitted nominations for this year's awards.
Distinguished Alumni Award
Established in 1988, the Distinguished Alumni Award recognizes a SAIT alumnus/a who demonstrates:
- Proven leadership skills
- Exceptional achievements in business or industry
- Outstanding contributions to the community
- A history of support for SAIT
Outstanding Young Alumni Award
In addition to the Distinguished Alumni Award, in 2009 SAIT presented the Outstanding Young Alumni Award to recognize an alumnus/a who:
- Has graduated from SAIT in the last 10 years and is 35 years or younger
- Has proven leadership skills
- Exhibits exceptional achievements in their field of endeavour
- Demonstrates outstanding contributions to the community