Peer Mentorship Program
Peer mentorship is a unique opportunity to connect with your SAIT classmates. Both having a student mentor and being one is a great way to build confidence and enhance essential skills that help you stand out to employers.
Whether you’re starting at SAIT and could use some advice from someone who’s done it all before or looking ahead to graduation and getting hired, being involved with peer mentorship can have a huge impact.
Spring/summer 2020: Join in online
The mentorship period for the spring/summer 2020 term will begin May 19. Since we're not currently on campus, mentorship will kick off online. Connect by text, phone, video chat and more! Review the program details below and sign up.
The peer mentorship program matches senior student mentors with first-year mentees in a structured relationship based on their program of study, common interests or a combination.
Mentees and mentors are matched for 12 weeks during the fall, winter or spring/summer terms.
One mentor may be matched to a single mentee (one-on-one, face-to-face), two or three mentees (small group, face-to-face) or two to five mentees through a text message mentoring program.
Students must be in touch every week — meeting for about an hour for face-to-face mentoring or participating in one or more text conversations.
Gain confidence and insight to help you navigate campus life at SAIT throughout your first year.
Sign up for a peer mentor to:
- meet new people and expand your community
- improve your communication, critical thinking and collaboration skills
- learn about resources and services on campus
- develop networking, professional and relationship-building skills
- gain credit for your co-curricular record
- start your life-long mentorship journey.
Did you know? Studies show having a mentor improves GPA, course completion and increases confidence, motivation and self-belief.
Boost your leadership skills and help a new student adjust to life on campus. Support student success by referring your mentee to useful resources, encouraging them to get involved and providing guidance on how to succeed at SAIT.
Do you have the ability to influence? Are you enjoying SAIT and doing well academically (min. GPA 3.0)? Are you empathetic toward the ideas and experiences of others?
Sign up to be a peer mentor:
- enhance your self-awareness through positive role modelling
- put your engaging communication techniques and critical-thinking abilities into practice
- build relationships along with your interpersonal skills
- contribute to a great campus culture
- improve your career profile and gain credit for your co-curricular record.
Training and support will be provided.
Did you know? Studies show being a mentor increases academic performance, self-understanding, communication and personal growth.
Note: Mentors are not tutors — they are not expected to assist mentees with coursework.
Contact the peer mentorship program
If you're interested in getting involved or have questions, email firstname.lastname@example.org.