Celebrating a remarkable first year...
SAIT's newly reimagined Centre for Continuing Education and Professional Studies (CEPS) build-out was complete last spring and set to open on April 1, 2020. Bright and inviting, the minimalist-inspired space evokes a sense of calm, designed to welcome and support students on their lifelong learning journey. Unfortunately, the pandemic affected the Centre's official launch, and the newly-formed CEPS team pivoted to refocus their efforts on championing students in a remote learning environment.
Fortunately, redesigning programs and developing new courses to support new and emerging sectors, and meet current workplace demands, are fundamental to CEPS's business model. Given the Centre operates with a future-focused mission, the team was better positioned to adapt quickly.
Although some of CEPS's initial launch initiatives were on pause due to COVID reprioritization and resource reallocation, the Centre has enjoyed many wins during a very atypical inaugural year. The team celebrated these achievements on April 1, 2021, alongside SAIT partners at a virtual anniversary event attended by 125 people.
Notable highlights include:
- winning a Platinum Award at the 2020 MarCom Award for the Continuing Education and Professional Studies Guide
- growing the CEPS team by welcoming 10 new professionals
- collaborating with hundreds of industry professionals and subject matter experts to review products and create new programs and course content
- launching a new online information sharing, registration and payment platform
- implementing, with SAIT's Alumni and Development team, a $500,000 alumni bursary to celebrate reaching 250,000 alumni
- producing a new micro-credential framework, policy and courses with the launch taking place in Winter 2021.
While the purpose-built Centre is awaiting its official ribbon-cutting ceremony, the team is thrilled to be welcoming students back on campus this fall. The inspiring learning space is a vibrant hub for supporting professional and academic development and the ever-increasing need for ongoing action-based learning.
"Investing in yourself is worth its weight in gold," says Vis Naidoo, the Centre's Director. "Whether online, in-person or a hybrid of each, prioritizing skill advancement is essential — now more than ever," he continues. "Rapid change is the norm in every sector. We design our skills-centric curriculum in collaboration with industry experts to ensure courses are immediately applicable and relevant. At CEPS, we want to be a part of your journey and are here ready to support you in every aspect of your learning experience."
Contact the CEPS team and visit the Centre this fall to experience the space and discover the suite of new courses and programs available.
Learning for Life
We prepare students for successful careers and lives.