Designed for students in Grades 6 – 10, this workshop will explore the Internet of Things (IoT) and discover how the devices we interact with daily are part of a giant network that affects how we live and interact with almost everything around us. Students will get hands-on with PocketLab IoT sensors and be challenged to think about how they would transform Calgary into a Smart City through the interconnected nature of the Internet of Things.
Workshop objectives and outcomes
- Awareness of the Internet of Things (IoT) and how we use it daily.
- Explore applications of IoT in industry.
- Measure and interpret data recorded by IoT devices.
- Observe how IoT devices can be used in a Smart City with PocketLab IoT sensors.
- I can define “Digital Intelligence.”
- I can define “Internet of Things.”
- I understand how IoT devices can be applied in daily life and industry.
- I can use basic IoT sensors to measure and interpret data.
- I understand how IoT devices can improve our daily lives and make cities smarter.